Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Yeah, I'm back again, and I feel like I'm going to throw up

I've been nauseous since I laid down to try sleeping. That was at 1. It is now 4 in the morning, and I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to actually throw up. No fever, but there's a weird hot feeling in my mouth and throat and I'm terrified that has something to do with possibly throwing up. Someone answer please I'm scared and I need to get at least a couple hours of sleep but I can't and I'm so scared and possibly actually sick or something. What is this feeling I have along with the nausea?

Default Re: Yeah, I'm back again, and I feel like I'm going to throw up

You're worrying too much. Since your sister got sick, you should have gotten anti-emetics and popsicles ready instead of hiding in your room and worrying. Take an ounce of Pepto-Bismol and go to sleep.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anxiety can manifest itself in all sorts of different physical manifestations.
    I used to get a really nasty lump in my throat, similar to what you're describing.
    And none of those things sound like indicators that you'll be sick; furthermore, if you what you were feeling were indicative of an upcoming episode, it would have happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    You're worrying too much. Since your sister got sick, you should have gotten anti-emetics and popsicles ready instead of hiding in your room and worrying. Take an ounce of Pepto-Bismol and go to sleep.
    thank you. Agreed.

Yeahhhhh, I'm over that now. No one else in my house got sick from her, and my starting school this week is actually helping me (less down-time to panic, more "exposure" to these germs that I'm terrified of and realizing that I'm fine).

How are you doing now? Hope you're better!