Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OTC Anti-Emet Medicines in UK

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone from the UK could pass on their recommendations for over the counter treatments or medicines they use when they are having a panic moment and want to take something to put their mind to rest regarding emet.

I used to take Motillium which then got discontinued and up until recently I have been using Buccastem in emergency panic moments which is for sickness related to migraines but apparently this is rumoured to be being made for prescription only.

I just wondered what other people use? I am bracing speaking to my GP about this but from my experience with him I'm not sure he would give me anything and for the time being, I'm not quite ready for that so I want to find something over the counter that I can use.

Any recommendations would be great as I am struggling quite a lot at the moment especially as I start a new job working back with children. I will be ever cautious with hygiene and hand sanitisers etc and I have my mints and ginger chews on hand in case of panic/nausea but I want something with a bit more of a guarantee to stop the deed happening!

Thanks in advance,

Jasmine

Default Re: OTC Anti-Emet Medicines in UK

In the UK you can get promethazine as avomine 25mg OTC and also you used to be able to get 20mg sominex (blue box).