Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Acidic/burning throat during panic attack - normal or no?

So currently I'm pancking. I had a busy day out (ate and drank indulgent things, etc.) and as I was driving home I began panicking after downing a large sugary smoothie with jellies at the bottom. I'm beginning to think that excess sugar plays a part in setting off my

Default Re: Acidic/burning throat during panic attack - normal or no?

Are you okay? It seems like you didn't really finish your post.
    I don't think acidic or burning throat is abnormal during a panic attack considering anxiety causes the stomach to create excess acid which is partly why we get stomach aches during anxiety.

... panic attacks, but I suppose that isn't relevant. Anyways, I usually get very bloated during panic attacks (which points to acid relfux, I believe) but this time, the bloating is less severe but I have a new symptom, which is an acidic feeling in my throat. It almost feels like it's burning, which scares me. I tried to eat a little bit, so I had some white rice, which was fine other than having some difficulty swallowing. But then when I tried a piece of orange chicken, it made my throat feel odd D: Plus I'm having a little bit of d*, which is never comforting.

I'm sorry that this was horribly ramble-y, but I'm just hoping that I'm not going crazy with the feeling in my throat!

Sorry about that, the mobile website and shaky hands don't mix

Trying eating simple stuff like crackers. Also try sipping on apple cider vinegar thats diluted in water (tastes horrible but power through it) if you have it. It actually helps to settle the acid in your stomach. Like i said, anxiety causes the stomach to produce extra acid so its not unusual to get some acid burning feeling. Mixed with what you ate today and anxiety probably just isn't a good combo. Sip on some water and if you want eat simple foods.

Gotcha! I think for now I'll eat some crackers and keep drinking water :0 I also read that you shouldn't lie down apparently? Thank you so much!

Yeah I've heard that too! trying propping yourself up with a pillow