Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Literally everything I do makes me feel sick

And it's aggravating as hell.
    If I'm saddened by something I feel sick. If I'm mad I feel sick. If I'm anxious I feel sick. If I'm calm I have a tendency to feel sick randomly.
    Hell, tonight I'm on my period and was watching something that made me laugh, and laughing made me feel sick. I've had severe throat nausea since I laughed at the video.
    It's ridiculous and outright infuriating that I literally can't feel or do anything without feeling some form of nausea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Default Re: Literally everything I do makes me feel sick

I'm really sorry about this. Are you sure you're feeling sick, though? It took me a good year or so to realise my 'feeling sick' was actually 'feeling tired' or 'feeling under the weather/weak'.
    ANY feeling I had that wasn't hunger or normal I alwaaays put down to my stomach when, if I really focused on what I felt, it was generally that I needed a good sit or lie down or, weirdly, some food. Now when I feel sick I swallow hard and analyse the feeling.Queasy? Nah. Acidic? Hmm yeah. But its usually never like when we're really sick.

On the other hand, I don't wanna be telling you its psychological and all that nonsense when there might be something wrong. Can you eat? You mentioned this feeling being in your throat, well I'm actually feeling a little like that right now cos I've self inflicted an acidic attack cos of my nemesis - coffee. I've felt like I've really needed it these past couple of days cos of sleepiness but, my gosh, I'm suffering. Try logging what you eat.

PS - you said 'Some form of nausea'... Is there more than one? I kinda understand that but I find there's a thin line between the acidy throat sick, which is what you sound like you're going through, and proper out-of-nowhere queasiness, which usually makes you wanna die when you think of food.
    Last edited by thecheesecake17; 10-30-2015 at 09:02 AM.