Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I need support

Default I need support

I'm a few days into a major attack and I'm so frustrated that no one in my life understands what I'm going through. I was just talking to my mom about my phobia and how scared I've been eat and she literally looked at me like I was insane and said "well just don't think about." If I could do that then I wouldn't have a phobia would I?! So while I sit in my room, hungry but too scared to eat, shaky, and exhausted I'm wondering how many of you have been or are where I am and how did you get through it? Just really need someone to relate to, I feel so alone with this phobia.

Default Re: I need support

Ashleyyy you've come to the right place. Every member here knows EXACTLY what your going through and are to support you in every way! :-) Welcome!

Default Re: I need support

For as long as I can remember I battled with anxiety, depression and emetophobia. And I was frustrated ALL the time because no one understood what I was going through. I felt lost and almost gave up hope because I was convinced I was the only person in the whole wide world that had this problem. Then I found this site and I was like "Really! there's others!?" I quickly became a member and started talking to other emeto's after that the frustrations in my life got a lot simpler. This site is amazing with amazing members, all who are here to help one another and conquer this "plaque" once and for all. Your mother just doesn't understand right now and that's ok mine didn't either at first. Until one day I finally sat her down and told her everything. Now, she's one of my biggest supporters! :-)