Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hot Flashes..

Default Hot Flashes..

I have a feeling I'm one of the older ones in the group, but just wondering if anyone else is dealing with hot flashes? I have finally cooled down.. But omg.. The hottest I've ever been.. And not on a good way..lol.. Geez.. Took my temp, was sure it would be at least 100.. Nope.. Of course it set off a panic.. Lasted for about 1 hour. I'm pretty sure it's hormonal..

Default Re: Hot Flashes..

I'm in pre-menopause I am sure and I have had a few of those! So not fun! I just sit in front of a fan on full blast and it helps a lot!

I'm freaking 22 and get this sometimes and get periods for three days, bit scared tbh... Do you guys get dry mouth with it? It's all so scary

When my mom was going through this she would blast the air conditioning on high in our house. When it was winter time she would open all the windows! Needless to say all of us froze except her. lol. But this helped her a lot.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    I'm freaking 22 and get this sometimes and get periods for three days, bit scared tbh... Do you guys get dry mouth with it? It's all so scary
    I remember having episodes like that at your age (omg, makes me feel so old lol!) - I would sip something really cold and sit by a fan. Worked like a charm!

Really Chigal?
    Did it pass eventually? I gotta say, it hasn't happened in seven weeks or so but its so grim and SCARY!
    More cos I feel as though I'm getting a flu or something....

^Yes! It passed and went away. It was purely hormonal - usually during a strange period or when I went of the BCP.