Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: tonsillitis

Default tonsillitis

Hi guys! For as long as I can remember I catch every single flu/sore throat know to man kind. I'm a beauty therapist so I have very close contact to lots of people all the time! I always get tonsillitis also. I feel like I have a GREAT week or 2 then bam I catch a flu or something and it knocks me down for at least a month! This is so frustrating and in all honesty I mostly don't enjoy even living. If this is what life is like I don't know how much longer I can deal with this! I wanted to get everyone's thoughts and opinions. Do you think if I get my tonsils removed it will stop me from always getting sore throats and catching colds and flus (btw I had my flu shot and it did shit all) . Or should I just quit as a beauty therapist and do something else... So example! I'm feeling great and I'm iver the moon I decide to go out to a club or bar with my boyfriend. I'm not a big drinker so I usually just chat and dance. Couple of hours in my throat is killing me. To the point were I have to be rude to people that speak to me because my throat is that sore. Then after that it's all down hill from there. This is just constant!!! I really need help!!!

Default Re: tonsillitis

Is it smoky in the clubs/bars? Sounds like almost a allergy that causes it, environmental allergens can cause you to get sick a lot and it will feel just like a cold when it comes on!

Getting your tonsils removed will cut down on tonsillitis, sore throats, colds (I think) - but not much else. I would ask your doc about it if you are interested.

And I agree with the above comment as well. Good luck!

I had a bout of tonsillitis last week for about 5-6 days. It was terrible! The worst throat pain I've ever had in my life. If you get, what I had, ever couple of weeks I'm pretty sure I'd be seeing a doctor and getting them removed.

Tonsilitis is miserable and I went through a very similar thing of catching it on a regular basis when I was in my twenties so you have my sympathy. At the time i wished I could have had them removed too, but they are actually part of our immune systems and one of the first lines of defence against bugs, so whilst we can live without them, it's not ideal. I would work more on eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg, and doing things to boost your immune system such as getting plenty of sleep, taking supplements if your diets is deficient in any particular area and practising good hand hygiene because while most of us are expert handwashers to avoid stomach viruses, coughs, colds and sore throats are also transmitted via our hands, not just from breathed or sneezed on by an infected person.