Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am so angry. I decided a while ago that I wanted to induce v*ing and after asking around I thought that the suggestion of drinking huge amounts of milk was a good one. I set everything up in preparation, new toothrush because I didn't want to use my current one for brushing my teeth after v*ing, bringing my laptop in to listen to music and keep me calm, and yesterday I managed to convince my mum to buy half a gallon of milk without making her suspicious. In aout 45 minutes I got through the whole bottle with barely any n* and definitely no v*ing. I was so ready for this but now, 15 minutes after drinking half a gallon of milk I feel very full and not even n*. Whats wrong with me??? I did it on an empty stomach, do you think thats the reason? Is there anything I can still do to make it happen?

I really don't know having never tried this, but you are very brave.Please let us know how thnig progress. If it doesn't happen, maybe it was never meant to be...?

Hannah, I don't know if there's anything else you can do without making it traumatic for yourself! You're being really brave by actuay attempting to go through with this - but don't force it. Wouldn't want you to get upset or anything, y'know =] it's an incredible thing for an emet to do.

I don't really know what to suggest, having never been in this position...I just wish you good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Sometimes a 1/2 gallon isn't enough. Most people try it with a full gallon, drinking as fast as they can, within an hour. Most people tend to get sick after consuming about a 1/2 gallon - but maybe you need more or maybe you just aren't as sensitive to it. 1/2 gallon in 45 minutes might have been too long of a period and your body might have tolerated it.

You could also try jumping around and around or exercising or something. That should make you "nice and nauseated" too.

Keep us posted.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lol, Yeah I tried the jumping thing, didn't do much. I'm coming to terms with it now, I just need to try again another time, drink more and faster.

Yes, Hannah, I agree that you are very brave. Congratulations!

I think 1/2 gallon is too little to have on hand. I think the goal of "the gallon challenge" is to get through a gallon in an hour, and most people drink the first half gallon too fast and end up puking after 20-30 minutes. Obviously, this would not happen if someone were trying to get through only a half gallon as opposed to a gallon. I don't know about the empty stomach thing. Obviously you can digest the milk faster on an empty stomach. But I don't know what those people who do the gallon challenge have been eating or drinking.

1/2 gallon of milk in 45 minutes just doesn't seem that unreasonable. I know people who can drink a quart of milk by basically chugging it down. So then a second quart within 45 min shouldn't be that tough for them.

You are brave and were even willing to drink something you don't like. I think you could go out and try it again with a full gallon (3.78 liters) as soon as tomorrow.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All I can say is, wow.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Stuff that can definitely make you sick is the dreaded Ipecac. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]But it can cause repeated vomiting and dry heaving which may retraumatize you. Drinking and eatingjust about anything really fast and consuming large amounts can induce vomiting as well.

Wow, you're so brave. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Soda, if you missed the earlier discussion, I told Hannah that enough milk would work as well as ipecac without toxicity and without the instant vomiting that ipecac can cause that doesn't really simulated actual sickness. Some people also mentioned using alcohol to induce vomiting, which can also be very toxic and has the added disadvantage that you might not remember the episode clearly. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Well, you are one brave young lady! I wish you the best with your experiment.

But even though this time failed, you got your calcium for the week, lol! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hey Hannah,

Good for you for trying it and being calm enough to do that! I like how you're taking the phobia by the horns!

I agree that you probably digested the milk, and there wasn't enough of it. Buy a whole gallon next time - chocolate even, if you want. Drink it as fast as you can - just keep drinking until you throw up.

(I have no idea why I'm giving this advice .... lol!) Anyway, for you - it should be ok. It's not for everyone.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.