Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son ill

Well I thought all this sv* malarky (sp) had disappeared round my area but I may have been wrong.. my 7 yr old son woke up this morning at 6.45 & v*ed! on his own bless him. I woke up at 8.15 to the words 'mummy I was s* this morning but I didn't want to wake you up' He'd left the evidence in the toilet for me to see & clean, then I went back upstairs with my breath held to find d* in the upstairs toilet for me to see & clean too [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]He seems a bit down in the mouth & looks a bit puffy faced but is still smiling &having a joke with me. He's since been for a #2 in front of me & it was back to normal.. but while he was doing it he says the floor was wobbling... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Does it sound like an sv* to anyone or is it just something he's eaten maybe - i'm a bit freaked out by this, as the only thing he said that made me panic yesterday was he had belly ache after eating dinner.. then he played as normal & was just fine...

Any advice would be great.... thanks [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Sorry that your son is not feeling well. Hopefully it was not a sv. He was very good getting up on his own and v*ing. Bless him! I hope your son feels better soon and that you are o.k.

I don't think i've passed on any of my anxieties to him regarding v*ing - he loves to watch Jackass & laughs at Steve O when he makes himself v*!! I'm hiding in my tshirt or behinda cushion saying la la la la when it comes on... he also laughed the other night at Coronation Street when Gail Platt did the deed in the sink!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Sometimes I wonder if he's mine at all lol [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Kane's upstairs watching Power Rangers that i've just d/loaded for him.. it made him really feel better he says... i'm guessing now it must have been something he's eaten at my mums or his dads.... hopefully....

Glad your son is feeling better. What a sweetheart, dealing with it by himself! My two are also very laid back about it, which shows that my years of pretending I'm calm have paid off!!

Hope you all stay well.

it could of been anything ... kids get sick for all sorts of reasons [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Uh oh, spoke too soon, he's v*ed 3 more times (although nothing is coming up) & had d* anothertwice... I gave him Calpol & he's beensleeping for an hour now.. hopefully he might sleep it off & he's away from me in his bedroom!! *phew*

Your poor son and poor you. Sleep is the best thing for him and hopefully he will feel better soon. I hope you are o.k.

You sound like you are taking it as a champ!
    I hope he feels better soon.

\"This too shall pass\"

YeahI feel panicky but am coping ok with it.. my partner is here to deal with my lil girl while I deal with the s* boy& he made mea cup of tea & gave me a cuddle.. I have vinyl gloves, bleach, anti-bac spray & wipes & have all the windows open in every room (even though its really windy & rainy) so I don't feel as threatened by it.. just my luck i'll probably catch it now i've said that! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Edited by: sneezymonkey

Sorry your son is ill. I hope he feels better soon! You sound like you are doing an awesome job of staying calm. Hats off to you![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]Well... the lil infection breeder is in bed now for the night. I say for the night - I mean hopefully.. He's not been s* since about 2.30pm & not pooped for a long while so I think we're over the worst of it.. i've bathed him,scrubbed the bathroom with bleach& sprayed it with dettol anti-bac cleanser so I feel a little more relaxed now.. just in time to watch a bit of Big Brother..

I'll let you know how the night goes in the morning...

Thanks for all your well wishes & kind words - it means a lot when i'm freaking out & feeling the strain... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well, it sounds like it was all over quite quickly. Hope you all have a peaceful night!

Awww...to me sounds like a sv*. I think it is very sweet how he is with you. And you sound like you are doing a great job! Just keep things clean, and keep your hands away from your face! Let us know how things go!

Well its morning & he's slept soundly all night.. woke up this morning & gave me 2 thumbs up & said 'Wow Mum i'm starving' So he's eaten 2 plaintoasting waffles & a big beaker of weak orange squash + his usual vitamin drop & so far *touchwood* it's stayed down. He looks a lot brighter & not puffy faced like yesterday so hopefully it was justa 24 hour thing!

My only worry is getting it myself.. I mean I don't really mind if its only a 24 hour thing but i'd much rather not get it... how long do you reckon i'll have to wait to see... it all started yesterday morning.. do you think if I get toThursday morning without feelingany symptoms i'll be ok??

I cleaned the bathroomagain with bleach & sprayed it with anti-bac so it should be clean enough.. but its the airborne stuff that worries me - I kept my t-shirt over my nose & mouth when he was actually v* but obviously it could have floated downstairs into the room.. i've cleaned every door handle upstairs & down *just incase he sneaked down whenI was asleep*

Anyway, not to worry.. i'll be thinking good thoughts & maybe cleaning the garden up today seeing as its nice & not peeing down like yesterday.. out in the fresh air..

open up the windows too...get all the germs flying out of that house. Glad to see that he is feeling better, does sound just like a 24 hour thing...the longest that we have gone between people getting sick is 4 days....so at least 4 days. Keep us posted...have fun gardening

Glad you son is better now...i know the night was the worst time, seeing if he woke during the night...it was always worse for me then too. You did good, and i do like you also, by covering my face when they would v....so you did a good job and i will continue to hope that it's over with and you don't catch it.....take it easy now if you can.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My little girl now has it!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]She is full of the joys of spring but keeps v*ing all over! I can't keep up with the little piles she keeps leaving! No d* as yet but she can't keep anything down....

I'm scared beyond belief & have nowhere to hide from it.. I feel like holding my breath & never letting it go [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

I'm just so scared now as I was EXTRA vigilant to keep her away from Kane & have cleaned everything like you wouldn't believe!!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Damn! I wish I wasn't an emet....

I hope your little 'un gets well soon and that you stay well and sv* free.

You have coped sooooooo well and should be really proud of yourself. You sound like a great mum!!

Laney xx

Oh no, I know that it is terrifying, but it sounds like you are doing such a wonderful job in the face of what you are having to deal with. I know that fear very well and feeling like you have been exposed...I wish you the best of luck, sounds like you are doing everything right to clean the house and get the germs out. Is your partner home to help?? Is does really sound like you are doing a wonderful job, most of us would have run out screaming by that point I think!!

Yes my partner is here.. Amy was s* all over him when he lifted her out of her cot [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Poor bloke.. He's almost as bad as me but just gets on with it..

I am taking a big risk & am eating dinner.. in the room she is in! This is a BIG BIG thing for me as I haven't eaten since Mon morning. I was feeling a little light headed & knew I had to force something down. I've made tuna pasta bake & garlic bread. Amy refused anything - I asked her if she wanted some toast & she said no, so i'll leave her till tomorrow..

Tonight will be hard & i'm guessing the washer will be going all night as she is still in a cot & can't get to the toilet to v* [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

At the moment she's dancing & singing like a trooper - think I might join her.. it seems likegood therapy! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

get well soon sweetie !!!!

Oh no, sorry to hear about your little girl. I hope she soon feels better. You are doing fantastic and coping well. I know how bad you must be feeling. I hope you are alright and that this nightmareis all over for you soon.

Awwwww, so sorry to hear your wee girl has it too!! Sounds like she's doing that kiddy thing where they just get on with it! When my youngest had an sv* last August (he was 18 months old at the time) he was kicking a ball around the garden in between v*ing bouts. If your son's experience is anything to go by, it will all be over soon. At least you have your partner with you for support.

I hope it all passes soon.

WAAAH!! How awful Sneezy! Well I hope that like your son she is better within the next 12 hours and you can start relaxing again. She would probably have caught it as kids immune systems are a LOT weaker than adults and less resistant to these things. You may still be in the clear!! Just keep up the cleaning rituals etc! Even if you do get it - you may not actually V* from it - as someone said in anotehr thread, SV's affect everyone's body differently!

Good luck and take care!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Really feel for you Sneezy, I know what it's like, mine always catch these things off each other, no matter how much I clean. I think as your son was sick initially without you knowing, it's possible that he wiped his mouth with his hand and left the germs somewhere for your daughter to collect, it's very easily done.

Anyway, as I said, my two often pass things between each other but i've never caught anything, except d* once, so I'm sure you'll be OK. And what a marvellous job you're doing looking after them - really, be very very proud of yourself, you've been amazing!

Take care.

God damn it I am feeling so low. She's just been s* again in her cot & had done a d* too [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]This is gonna be one hell of a long night I can see..

I seriously don't need to be catching this while she has it.. I wouldn't be able to change her nappies or wash her down [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]My partner changed her bed as I changed her & he didn't wear gloves!!!! Nooooooo!! He did scrub his hands though..

I just don't know what to do & am panicking so much & am thinking I need to have d* too.. but thats probably just my nerves... bloody bloody bloody hell.. why why why???????

[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

I'm so sorry, Hon. You are doing fantastic. Just hang in there! Hugs!

I am so sorry for you. This is the worst case scenario for me - when both kids get sick. So far this has only happened once, but it just about did me in. How old are your kids? Ages 4-6 were the roughest years (sv-wise) for my kids. I think I can say that they are getting sick less as they get older. Of course, even one time is too much for me...

I am thinking of you and hoping this ends for you very soon.

Oh hon...I am so sorry that you are going through this! It is awful...just AWFUL! how old is Amy? sounds like it might be making the rounds in the house...sometimes the parents are tougher though..and they might not get sick! Do keep us posted!

*Maybe graphic*

Well she got up at 10.30, 11.00 & 11.30 to be s* Then it all went quiet... *phew* Everytime she got up, we made a joke of it & made her teddies v* into the bowl too - & she was laughing. I thought best to make a joke of it than panic her, even though i'm in turmoil that its gonna be me next. I hope not The strange thing is she had the same v* pattern as Kane, exactly the same intervals between & it was just spit looking v*.. nothing but spit.. & it was dry heaving..

She's drinking weak orange squash this morning & has eaten a slice of toast, so things maybe on there way out...

6pksummer - Amy's nearly 3 but she is a toughie. She's being very brave just like her big brother..