Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Mom Sick

so, my mom v* today and has had d* a few times. im freaking out. i have been at school for the last day and a half, but it doesnt matter cause she got sick today and im home now. i cant get sick, i just cant. im spraying everything with lysol. help....what do i do??

First, take a deep breath. I understand how scared you are, because I have been there. Just keep your hands clean, and don't touch your face unless you have just washed your hands. That's the best way to not catch it. Keeping the house disinfected is another good way, which it sounds like you are doing. I hope your mom feels better soon.

im feeling a bit yucky today. not sure if i caught what my mom had or if it's all in my head. my mom is better today, but im still worried im going to catch whatever it is that she had.

http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=8722&PN =1
    Here's a link to a post that answers questions about how you can and can't catch sv's. I hope this helps.

thanks, i'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by tanyapage
    thanks, i'll check it out!

I'm a new memeber here, I'm 20 year old girl my name is erin, I've had this fear along time! And it sucks but I just wanted to say my mom had the stomache bug not to long ago, I ended up going down stairs in the morning and my gramdma asked me if I had thrown up cause there was puke in the bathroom and I said no I was thinking maybe my sister had alittle to much to drink, then I hear my mom say I did it she was sleeping on the couch and just that night before I was thinking wow my mom hasn't been sick in many many years, and then the next day she had the stomache bug, I was a freak about this for a week didn't go out of my room and didn't come face to face with my mom once that week, I used alot of germ killing gell stuff and just avoided everyone and I didn't get it, so I'm sure if your careful you won't get it! give us an update!

My biggest fear is that my Mum will v*. I know it must be hard for you right now, there are a lot of young emets on this site who know what you are going through. I am 22 (bet u think thats old lol!) but Ibecame emet aged 10, so I know it is tough when you have all these other probs going on with family, school, teen age stuff, and emet makes you feel alone.

People can v* for all kinds of reasons, it could be to do with medicines, something she ate, etc, but the best thing is that she is a mum (mom?! sorry) and she will know everything about good hygeine! And you mentioned your Grandma too - thats two mums!

Just take all the usual precautions and read the q and a thing Alvin did for us all on svs - it really helped put my mind at rest.

Take care and hang on in there!

Laura

x

My mum v* 5 times last year, and knowbody else was ill, but i think thatonce it was food poisoning, once it was because she was so tired and stressed, another a kidney infection, another a chest infection and cold and then another time where i think she may have had the sv or fp. But after she v* she would clean everything bless her, even when she's ill she still made sure the bathroom and everything was clean and she kept her hands washed and stayed in her room as she didn't want to spead the germs, mums are amazing!!, i hope your mum is doing ok now and that your ok, just make sure you keep your hands clean.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey

my mom is better. she only v*ed that one time. it was probably something she ate. the q and a's from alvin were great....thanks for directing me there.