Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

Im really sorry to keep posting about this, im just so worried over this right now. Last night i didn't get to sleep untill 4am, then woke up at 7.30am because i keep worrying about my eating[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]. Last summer i know i didn't have a good diet still, but i had energy from what i was eating, and it was considered my safe food. I would eat 4 bits of toast with marmite and butter on and like 6 chocolate biscuits a day, i used to feel sick a lot of the time, i guess from it being just toast and biscuits, but i had 10x more energy. I eat 4 bits of toast still, but with nothing on it and 2 ginger biscuits, and i have no energy anymore. I was thinking about to start with going back to my old diet and building on it, but am worried as do you think i felt sick before as it was just toast and biscuits? i think im scared as i think its to much and its just on my mind all the time and im sorry if it sounds selfish, i don't want it to come out that way. I think its more reasurance i need, but maybe my stomach used to hurt from my diet and ibs? but i used to have a bowl of rice and two bits of toast and 4/6 biscuits in a day and got told it wasn't enough? so maybe going back to that to start with? im just so confused about it, sorry just needed a rant about that..
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi roofus... as hard as it will be, you are going to have to start eating a healthy diet. toast and biscuits will not keep you alive. You need to get proteins and healthy sugars. Try eating some fresh fruits, they are safe. You are going to have to force yourself to do this if you want to feel better.

I feel so bad for you, sweetie! I know it's easier said than done, but you have to focus and make an effort to eat some veggies, fruits, and if you cannot stomach (the thought of or literally) meat, some other source or protein and fat.

I too go through stages where all I eat is rice cakes and then I have to tell myself, "Look, without proper nutrition, your immune system wuill weaken and you could catch an sv". That thought usually snaps me into eating something healthy.

Maybe try eating early in the day, so you have all day to be up and about and digesting and not go to bed with too much in your tummy?

Hey, thanks for the replys, yeah i understand i need to start eating veg and fruit, theres no vitamins in toast or biscuits, thanks for the idea[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], its more like when im eating like 4 bits of toast and 4/6 biscuits and then i feel ill, i know i feel ill probaly because 1.its not enough and also its not the right foods. So that way when i feel ill, i can just blame it on my diet if you see what i mean?? like i try and reasure myself, i think my parents are fed up with reasuring me now about my food, at one point i used to say have i had to much to eat? when i just ate 3 rich tea biscuits a day, but then as your brain starves you can't think i guess.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hav you considered taking a multi-vitamin to at least keep your nutrients up a bit? I know those huge pills are awful, but you could always try a children's chewable.

Hi

I can sympathise with this eating problem you're having. I often wake up during the night feeling really n* and shaky and everything its horrible. I find that not eating after 9pm helps, gives your tummy a wee rest. Eating healthy options often and a little at a time helps too. Is your problem to do with foods because the biscuits and toast have become your safe foods? Are you worried about catching something off of other foods? I find fruit and veg is a great way to snack and gives you lots more energy. I think maybe the best thing to do is to gradually build up your foods, not jump into a full blown meal straight away. Introduce different foods into your diet gradually and enjoy yourself by experimenting. Maybe even just get used to the textures of other foods and he smells b4 you start eating them again? (i might be going off in the wrong direction here so let me(and all of us) know)

Katie

Have you seen a dietician?
    \"This too shall pass\"