Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: SV*s and the UK

i keep reading about all these SV*S going round the USA, i live in Leeds in the UK and i was just wondering if our SV season has stopped?
    how come people say in winter it gets worse , before i was an emet i never even knew that!! xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, i neverknew that either about it gets worse in the winter untill reading on this site. So far the winter just gone i've only known two people to have had a sv*, one of them did v*, the other didn't and stopped himself, it was my best mates parents who had it and when they had she didn't catch it from keeping her hands really clean. At the moment it seems to be the heat thats been making people feel ill recently.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i dont think it ever stops ..... worse luck i know ....

yea, thanks guys.

sneezy - like your new hair ... when did they get it in winter? or now? i havent heard of it going round here yet ive heard of it in london but not bad just the odd case here and there so i hope everythign is alright

jodi - no i guess your right it probably doesnt ever stop... i hate bein an emet

great !!! i live in london
    its just one of those things i think one day we will have to just accept is part of life
    (( i know i dont want to accept it either ))

My doctor told me that sv's and viruses in general occur more often in the winter because a) people spend much more time together in close quarters, and b) viruses can live much longer in the cold air than in the heat of summer. I suppose if you had a really cold summer one year, it might make a difference, but I have never in my life had a virus of any kind from June to September. Maybe it depends on where you live. And then there's Rotavirus, which is an sv and from what I read on the internet, breaks out during the month of April until early May. I was lucky enough to get hit with this lovely about a month and a half ago!

Yeah, during the winter (especially during school seasons), everyone is packed together for warmth. Thats a lot of dirty hands and germy people in a very small space. In the summer, every one is outside, and spread out, so germs don't pass quite so easily. Plus, the warmth in the summer helps. A lot of people are healthier mentally and physically in the summer too, because of all the fresh fruits/veggies available, the sunshine, and the excersize... that really helps a lot!

I have heard of a few SV's going round here still - i'm in Camridge.

I hoped it would have settled down by now but my mum's a nurse and says that there are still viruses floatung about, some coldy ones and some sicky ones [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Will this last forever????