Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Im just curious to see how many of us are going on vacation this summer and to where. We are trying to plan something for July. We didnt really have the money to do it this month. My oldest daughter will be going to camp one of those weeks in July.

The only, and pretty much non-thrilling places I want/have to go to this summer are colleges. I still haven't picked a decent university and would love to be able to go at age 18 like everyone else. I was homeschooled since second grade and graduated 2 years early, but have done nothing but slack off during that time and never bothered to find a decent college. I'm thinking of a few in Canada. I would like to travel and get out of the US. I want to major in history, any suggestions?

Sorry....that was pretty OT....but anyway, last year my mom and I went to Cape May, NJ. Totally gorgeous place. I loved it. I recommend it if you enjoy sleepy little beach towns and beautiful Victorian architecture. We got back from a mini vacation to New York City last week. That was fun, but tiring. I think my emet prevents me from traveling happily a lot. I would like to go more places.

~~~Carolyn~~~

Well, being that's it's summer time, and hubby and I have worked hard all year, a vacation sounds WONDERFUL!!!! But no, since we are the "Griswold's", our vacation plans came to a screeching halt! We have just accumulated almost $6,000 worth of problems! My 1-year old laptop crashed, and will need to be replaced (lemon law), and I had to buy a new one last night so I can continue working. The replacement one will go to my daughter. AND, one of our cars need an engine replacement. It's a BMW, so the price is pretty much double what a typical engine costs! Figures. BUT, on the positive side: at least we are able to cover these costs and I do feel fortunate that everything is going to work out. I have deep faith, and I swear, it (He) never lets my family down. Whew! I would love to hear about others' fun vacation stories!! Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, as you know, I am going to the beach in July for a week, and then again in Sept. me and my girlfriend are going for 5 days...I can't wait...much needed GIRL time indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leigh, you should try to come with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'd sooooooooooooo be in trouble........Ha.....that's it for all my fun.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and we're going toCorolla in the Outer Banks for our honeymoon!!! We absolutely love it out there! So excited!

Quote Originally Posted by chally
    I'm getting married in 3 weeks and we're going toCorolla in the Outer Banks for our honeymoon!!! We absolutely love it out there! So excited!

Congratulations.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Not much of a YEE HAW trip but I am going to New Jersey for a week at the end of July. I"m visiting a friend I haven't seen in 3 years and she wants to take me to 6 Flags and get me to ride the coasters with her...but I don't think I'll be able to do it. She offered to kiss me if I promised to go on one with her! LoL! Damn she's just using the fact that I'm attracted to her to get what she wants!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

OK well i'm in a totally different country... but in September my boyfriend and I are leaving the UK to go to Cape Town in South Africa for 6 months! We are going to try and have 3 summers in a row - the one in Britain right now.. then the South African one.. then back to Britain - and hopefully I'll have a tan by the end of all that!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I'm going to southern Spain with my partner, the kids, my mum and my sister. We've rented a villa with its own pool, ping pong table, and pool table. I'm hoping all these will keep everyone happy so I can lounge around the whole time doing very little!

I'm jealous ~~~ you all seem to have such great vacations planned!! Have fun and enjoy yourselves![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Nothing major unfortunately....I've already been to California and Australia in the past year, and just got back from Winnipeg, so no real time or money to arrange anything else. We will probably just have a few weekend trips to Montreal, Toronto, and Sudbury to shop and visit family. So, we will unfortunately be sticking to within a 7 hour radius of home.....blah.

There is always next year....

*amber*

PS- Carolyn, my University (The University of Ottawa) apparently has a great history program. We are located in the nation's capital, so there are tons of museums, not to mention our parliament buildings and supreme court. The National Archives are also located there, which is an amazing resource for those doing historical research- to the point that it is a major draw.

It's also a bilingual city, so you have the option of taking French courses through the University to become proficient....plenty of places to practice!

It's so good that so many people feel they can go away on holiday. I got asked by my old school friends to go on holiday with them and i froze, i just couldn't go away where there might be drunks and possible v*. I also dont have much cash so that was out too, i used that as my excuse. I'm sure i'll manage to go away at some point, just can't go away with people who don't know about my emetophobia and with people who wouldn't understand or give support. My b/f has been really supportive so we might go away somewhere quiet for a long weekend

i have a house in orlando florida (i live in new york) and i was supposed to be spending a few days there with my boyfriend, but since we just recently broke up after three years, i finally get to vacation with four of my girl friends! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]i can't wait! i haven't beento disney in four years.i want to go to vegas too, but my parents just bought me a new car, they are having my sisters sweet 16 this summer, and they're going to jamaica with my aunt and uncle so vegas isn't looking too good! oh well there's always next year! i hope everybody enjoys their summer vacations, i know i will!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Nothing this summer, but going to California in October for my wedding and having a little vacation after. Unfortunately I must spend this whole summer working my butt off to pay for the above.

Glad to hear so many of you are going to be doing some traveling this summer.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Nothing planned here. I'm hoping to visit my best friend, who lives about 5 hours away, but no solid plans yet. We should make an emet summer camp, where all the emets and their families can go and hang out, and sanitize to our hearts content. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

LOL, daffodil, that sounds like a great idea!!!! I think it would be cool is we could try and plan a convention of sorts.

I went Memorial Day weekend, plus a couple extra days, to visit my sister in North Carolina. We went camping in the mountains. We will probably go back at the end of September or beginning of October and maybe hit Myrtle Beach too for our early anniversary trip. If the hurricanes stay away, that is.

An emet convention would be awesome. I'd seriously go! We are all so spread out, though. Hmmm...

I'm going to Cancun, Mexico in August and I can't wait! I leave in less than 7 weeks!

Jess

Jess, that is awesome!!!! Good to "see" you again!!!!