Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Allergies

I was wondering I know alot of people have allergies around this time, which I think I know I have it, lately my nose is itchy and I've been sneezing alot lately, I've had sinus headaches and right now my throat sounds like I have a soar throat, I dunno if you guys get this when you have soar throat but like your throat doesn't sound hoarse but more like swollen sound, right now I have that but my throat doesn't hurt just like irritated like feel like this dripping or something, does anyone get this soar throat like feeling and sound??

Oh yeah and I sound alittle congested

sounds a bit like hayfever to me, i would go to see your Gp for some antihystimaies to help control your systems. it is easy to get those symptoms because there is alot of pollen in the air, if you look on the weather forecast and see if the pollen count is high for the next day and see if you feel any worse on that day.

Allergies can cause postnasal drip, which can irritate your throat.

My throat feels itchy when I have hayfever, I don't know whether you've been getting this or not. Do your eyes get sore and itchy too? If so it's definitely an allergy. Anti-histamines and or nasal sprays really help.
    .•:*จจ*:•.Tracey.•:*จจ*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have terrible allergies.....and i have to take 4 shots a week to keep in control. I have them year round too, no breaks from it. It's bad....I am allergic to everything!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yea, I'm allergic to loads of stuff all year round too, but the worst one I have to cope with is my sun allergy, even the winter sun makes my skin break out in sore itchy rashes if I don't take meds.Having allergies all year roundgets you down at times but I'm just grateful I don't have allergies like this:
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Water allergy, or "Aquagenous urticaria", is such a rare condition that there are less than thirty patients in the whole world that have been diagnosed with it.

Fourteen year old Heidi Falconer is unique because she's the only person on record to have been born with this allergy. When water touches her skin or mucous membranes (like the inside of her mouth) she breaks out in a rash and often blisters, if she has a severe response it can lead to anaphylaxis — where her airways swell and close.

It's like any other allergy - an over-reaction of the immune system — where production of histamine causes the symptoms.

Doctors are still unsure as to why this happens with something as essential as water — one theory suggests that unusual proteins in Heidi's system react to the water. And because we're all made up of 80% water, Heidi is actually allergic to herself — her saliva, sweat, blood and tears all blotch her skin.

There is no cure for aquagenous urticaria. The only relief for Heidi is a special barrier foam developed in Sweden that stops water from touching her skin. Heidi has applied it religiously every four hours for the past couple of years and it gives her the freedom to do basic things — like having a shower.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Source: health.ninesmsn.com.au</DIV>
    .•:*จจ*:•.Tracey.•:*จจ*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

i have been to see the doctor this morning, and he has suggested that i go to see an allergy testing person to see what my diet is lacking to make me feel so ill all of the time. he thinks that i am lacking in essential vitamins, and that has cause a low mood. i am going to see the naturapath where i work, to see what she says.

Thanks everyone for your responses I know it's allergies, I've been alittle congested and my eyes do itch and my nose and I keep sneezing so it's def allergies and I also get headaches and that's what probably is causes my throat to feel that way the fluid from my head is dripping into my throat causing the irration I'm having, actually my throat isn't really bothering me back anymore, so I know it's allergies and it isn't a cold.But damn that the only thing that stinks about summers but I'm not congested as much as I was my throat is alittle itchy that's it so thank so much for your support.