Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: BaBy GiRl

Well I found out a few days ago that I am having a baby girl. We are VERY pleased with having a girl first. I have 2 sisters and no brothers so a lot more experience with them. I am 21 weeks and the baby is 13 ounces...getting close to a pound! I am sooo excited. Wish I was further along. It has been so neat making a baby registry. A little worried about getting the things we need for a first time baby with only my partner working. We are making it ok with what we have now but a little stressed about having the things we need for the baby. Maybe I should start an online fund...lol

Amber

YEAH!!! Congratulations! Little girls are precious!

Will you have a shower? You would be surprised at how many things you
    get from that!

Alos, don't rule out consignment shops for getting things that you need.
    I have relied on the couple of shops around my house for lots of things.
    And, so reasonable!

So excited for you! My second is a little girl and I adore the little lady that
    she is becoming!

Julie

Congratulations. You must be so excited.My first baby was a little girl. She is 6 now and a little sweetheart. My son is beautiful as well. I hope you manage to get everything you need for your baby daughter.

congratulations!!!
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're going to LOOOOOOVE having a baby girl!! Where do you have your baby registry at??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thank you all very much. The registry is at Babiesrus because the selection is so large.

Congratulations [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Awww, bless! Congratulations!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Congrats on your baby girl I have 2 boys....and always wanted a girl, but i wouldn't trade either of my boys for anything in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all precious no matter what the sex is...enjoy...and good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Congratulations! It seems like everyone I know is having girls! I was so excited to find out I am having a girl too. Not that I would have had a problem with a boy, but my husband has a 5 year old brother who we practically help raise so I kind of feel like I already have a boy and want a girl.

I know exactly what you mean about the cost of everything for a first child. My husband and I just went out this past weekend and bought everything else that we needed before she gets here - and spent a TON of money. I also registered at Babies R Us, but found that when it came to the stuff that other people did not buy us (mostly the big stuff) you could find much better deals at Target or Walmart (in storeand online). They may not be the exact pattern that Babies R Us carries, but they are mostly the same manufacturer and usually about 20% cheaper. Also check out the Baby Outlet section of Babies R Us online. I got a high chair there for $60, it was origianlly $120 and it had free shipping. Pretty good deal! I also have been looking around at garage sales. I have actually come across some pretty good deals that way too like a bassinet for $25 that looks brand new.

I had two showers but I found that all people want to buy little girls is clothes, and only little tiny sizes at that! I got TONS of little pink outfits, pretty much all of them are size 0-3 months. From what I hear they grow out of those tiny sizes so fast, so I am probably going to have to spend a bunch more on bigger sizes before too long. If I were to do it all over again,I probably would still find out the sex, but I wouldn't tell anyone. That way I could get the stuff I need because there are only so many yellow and green outfits out there! Oh well. I'm sure it's all worth it.

congratulations

Congratulations! I am also having a baby girl and I am almost 29 weeks now. It's nice to talk to someone in the same boat as me with the phobia and the pregnancy combined. Good luck to you!

Thank you all! Silly girl what I found out about babies r us is that they match prices with most places like Walmart, target, etc. I have looked everywhere. I will however look at the Baby outlet. As you said I am worried I will be left with the big things. My partners family however is very helpful and I know will go out of there way to get the things they need which is great of them. I would like to look at garage sales or what not but my partner is a little funny about things like that...lol....he wants all new. I hope he comes to realize in time that that is not always so important. Thanks for all your advice.

awwww I am really pleased for you. I have a feeling we are having a little boy but will have to wait about another 8 weeks to find out.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I'm kinda worried about the same thing, being left with the big stuff to buy, but something that I realized is that people will also get you gift cards too, so if you are missing something at your shower that you really need, you can go out and get it using the gift card. Even if it doesn't cover the whole amount, it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hale
    awwww I am really pleased for you. I have a feeling we are having a little boy but will have to wait about another 8 weeks to find out.

8weeks doesn't seem that long! I can't believe you are already going to find out soon. It probably doesn't seem lik eit to you, but your pregnancy seems to be flying by. Min, on the other hand, feels like it's dragging. For somereason, my 4 weeks left seems like a lot longer than your 8 weeks until you find out the sex! I know that doesn't make sense, but it really does seem that way! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I know what you mean hun. It seems to be going slowly for me but so many people have said how fast it seems to them. When friends have been pregnant it all seems to go quick but when its you its a different matter. I was thinking the other day I have about 27 weeks until I have the baby, and I will have 27 weeks maternity leave from work. Which is going to quicker!?!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

HOORAY FOR AMBER...I AM HAVING A GIRL ALSO...I HAVENT REGISTERED YET BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED, WANT, AND WHAT I WILL GET FROM FAMILY BEFORE...IM THINKING I WILL REGISTER AT TARGET THOUGH...WE'LL SEE!! CONGRATS HUN...AND CHANCES ARE WE MIGHT BE IN THE HOSPITAL TOGETHER CONSIDERING WERE ABOUT A WK OR SO APART...WOULDNT THAT BE CRAZY? GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE!!

Mazel tov!!!!!