Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Monthly Friend.

Sorry guys. It's annoying me so much. I was doubled up in pain yesterday and can't say today is much better. A few times it's got to the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out and it makes me feel so nauseous. I've completely lost my appetite and haven't eaten hardly anything today. I bascially live on paracetemol for three days a month and I don't want to have to do that. Am going to the doctor's on Friday about it but is there anything I can do to calm it down a bit? I really hate this. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Thanks guys x

Have you considered going on the pill? It significantly decreased my cramping, to the point where I dont have to take anything and it is barely noticeable. A big jump from being doubled over in bed 1 day a month.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree, I'm on the pill because i used to suffer really badly with pain.

I'm a red head and apparently that makes it worse but as soon as i went on the pill the pains were no-where near as bad. They hardly hurt at-all and i dont need to take anything.

Give it a go!

Pink
    x

I have thought about that already, it's just the fact that I am possibly the worst at swallowing tablets. I practically live on soluble paracetemol and the smallest tablets in the history of small tablets. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Hah.. I'm such a baby.

I guess if it helps that much, then I'll have to get used to it.

Thanks for your replies [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: [kthnx]

Birth control pills are super tiny- sometimes I even wonder if I swallowed it, or accidentally backwashed it into my drink. You can even put it in pudding or something, and not notice that you are taking it.

There is also the birth control patch, which gives the hormones through the skin.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ooh.

That's good to know.

Thank you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

just as a side note - the pills I take are super tiny - and coated so I don't even need to take them with water - and I've always had problem taking pills.

I have to say that being on the pill has done wonders for my monthly friend. I no longer have to bust out the heating pads, and the money I spend on kleenex has been significantly reduced [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]( I used to be super emotional around that time).

oh, the wonders of hormones. The only thing that I have noticed is that I get one doosey of a headache the first few days of my period that nothing seems to take away... but I'm thankful that thats all I have to deal with.

but yeah, I agree with the suggestion of trying the BC pill, you can even try it in patch or ring form ( Its all hormonal andwould sillhave the same affects ( or effect?). I'm actually thinking of switching to the patch, just because I've been forgetting to take my pill recently.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hi there, i saw you post and thought i'd tell you what i do when i feel like that. I take a pill called feminax (yuo get it in the chemist, no prescriptions or anything), it's a life saver for me, normal paracetomol does nothing for me. So i start of with that on the 1st morning, however when its really bad i cant eat and i prefer to eat b4 i take that pill, so there have been times when i have tried to control the n* 1st. I usually kneel down with my head between my knees and try to breathe deeply, taking sips of water. Once i get the n* sorted a bit i try to eat something even if its just a couple of mouthfulls and then i take the tablet and let it do its job. Its great. But that 1st day is always a killer for me and if i've ran outta those pills i have to get my mum to drive to get me some, otherwise its a day in bed with a hot water bottle and lots of water Once i started at school and had to come home but i was waiting an hour for my mum to pick me up, thought i was gonna pass out. Got home and fell onto the kitchen floor, couldn't get up for about 4 hours cause of the pain, i was crying so much which made it worse so eventually i got summit to eat and took that pill and eventaully the pain subsided to a managable nulling pain. But anyways, yes, that feminax is good if you dont wanna go on the pill, and so it a hot water bottle. Sips of water and fresh air when you feel sick, a pillow on your stomach. Thats just what helps me.

Hope i've given some ideas that might help you or indeed others who read this.

Katie

Hi, I take the pill which has been a life saver for me. I was exactly like you and for 2/3 days every month used to be confined to bed in agony. As the others have said the pill is tiny - sometimes I am not sure that I have taken it. I am like you and have a problem swallowing tablets, but these are different.

Before I went on the pill, the only thing that helped a little was nurofen, the ones that melt on your tongue. But you have to take them as soon as you feel the first twinges and I always found that eating a small amount - toast or a banana actually helped to stop the n*, just because it keeps your blood sugar up.

It's definitely worth chatting to your doctor about it. You don't have to suffer like this every month. M x