Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Every board I go on I see people talking about sv's. I dont know anyone personally or close to me that has been sick but has anyone else heard. I am in Maryland...

What about you Stella?

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Thats all I need! 38 weeks pregnant with a stomach virus.

I didn't quite understand your post? Are you saying you are 38 weeks pregnant and have a sv and need help on how to cope?

Amber

The good thing about being pregnant is it seems you have a unique protective force agaist things like viruses and flus. My whole family had the terrible flu this winter,..all got with in 48 hours,...highly contaga....and I did not even take Tamiflu...and I did not get it......

More than likely,...you are safe

Debbie,

I have been hearing a lot of different things. I have no idea what is going on.. I am starting to think we just pay too much attention. Considering your condition I think it's best that you just try really hard not to think about it and try your best to relax. Have you picked a name yet? Is the baby's room ready? It could be any time now, no?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysamber
    I didn't quite understand your post? Are you saying you are 38 weeks pregnant and have a sv and need help on how to cope?

Amber

Im sorry...I meant that I do not want to come in contact with a stomach virus while I am so close to being due with my baby.

Shiva,

I am starting to progess a little. I am hoping to hold off until her due date cause I am not ready - 7/6/06. I dont have a definite name yet[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

i agree with the previous comments...when pregnant you do have a unique protective force agaist things like viruses and flus but regardless that baby is coming whether your ready or not, take this last couple of weeks to relax and just think about the positive things this child will bring to your life!!

There's been a weird sv travelling around the desert southwest for the past month. Days of n*, no v*, loose stools/d*, and a general feeling of "OMG I want to cry". It lasts about 5-7 days. A friend of mine had it weeks ago, and then it went around where I worked, and lucky me, I got it.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Debbie, my sister lives in MD and she hasn't heard of anything!! I am sure you are safe!!! I hope you are feeling well!! Keep us posted on baby news!!!

I know how you feel! I see it on a couple of pregnancy message boards I read, and it is starting to freak me out! I feel so awful right now anyway, I couldn't even imagine having a sv now too. For the last week or two I have just felt off, and I have attributed it to the end of pregnancy. But now every time I start feeling not quite right, I worry it is a sv. My boss just said he felt "crampy." I've never heard a guy complain of cramps. He works out a lot, so I don't know if he means muscles cramps or stomach cramps, but he grabbed a donut right before I did and I'm scared he somehow put germs on my food. I'm trying not too worry too much though. I have way too much going on in my life to keep worrying about hte "what ifs."

Oh I know what you all mean. There would be nothing worse then to have a SV and be pregnant not to mention have anxiety all in one. I second everyone who says that your immune system is higher during pregnancy. My partner had gotten a bad cold and I never got it. I found that to be really odd. Thank god for prenatels! I believe those help a GREAT deal. Lucky for me I am home most of the time so it would be hard to catch anything unless my partner brought something home....but I am sure he is careful because of my constant reminders.

Amber