Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IBS question

Warning: may be graphic!

I know that with IBS, one might suffer from constipation or d*. But does anyone here get it in cycles? As in you can't have a bm, or don't even feel like one for 3 or so days, and then bam! You end with d*/loos-ish stools for a 1 or two and then the cycle starts over?

I used to be a strictly d*/loose stools IBS person, but know I am on this weird cycle and want off!

Does anyone else exprience this?

Oh yeah, and like you for over 20 yrs i have been all D!!!!!!!!!!!! But then i do go through spells of not going for several days, and then it hits me, and it's on!!!!!!!! I don't know why this happens...i guess it's just the nature of ibs.....there's no good explanation for it. So, we just have to deal with it..But i will tell you like i have told many others...i take Digestive Advantage, it's specifically for ibs and it does help regulate your bowel movements...i have had much much much improvment with my ibs since i have been taking it. I have taken it for about alittle over 2 yrs now. You can buy it over the counter too. It's cheap and it works.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I've decided to try DA this week. I plan on buying some on payday. I hope it helps. I've heard it does work for many!!

I'm almost done with my 2nd month of DA and I'm not completely sold on it yet. The 1st month seemed to help and this month not as much. This may sound weird, but I almost think this batch isn't as good or something. The consistency of the pills is a little different and I have been having some pain and IBS symptoms again. Does this ever happen to you, kate?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Actually, since you said that....i noticed with this last box i bought, it is diff. It's lighter in texture, isn't it? What is up with that? But i haven't noticed any diff. in the way it works for me. So far anyway. Why do they have to screw something up every time something is working just fine, the same way they did the Lotronex...it's like they don't want us to not have problems anymore...i don't know....i am going to keep taking them though. It's all i've got now...so i will continue to buy it as long as it works at least half way decent.....b/c like i said before, it doesn't always work for me, like around my period and stuff...but for the most part it does the job...keep me updated on how it works for you since it's changed....it will be sooooo dissapointing if this fails us now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weird! I am glad to hear you say this batch was a little different, too! We'll just see how it goes, I guess. I'll keep plugging away.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Keep on with it Harmonygirl.....I hope it does work for you...and MarieB73 I hope it works out for you as well. Keep us posted...anything's worth a shot with this nasty ibs....good luck.
    Kate