Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS MY STOMACH HAS JUST NOT BEEN RIGHT. CONSTANTLY HURTING AND THEN WHEN IT ISNT HURTING I FEEL SO SICK TO MY STOMACH. IT USUALLY HAPPENS WITH BAD CRAMPS, THEN THAT GOES AWAY. BUT THE CRAMPS ARE SO BAD AT TIMES THAT I JUST WANNA CRY. IM GOING TO THE BATHROOM, NOT D*, BUT I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT HAVE TO B/C OF THE CRAMPS. I THINK I FEEL HUNGRY, BUT AS SOON AS I EAT I GET THIS LUMP IN MY THROAT AND THIS FEELING LIKE IM GONNA GAG.

I HAVENT BEEN EATING PROPERLY LATELY. A LOT OF RELATIONSHIP STUFF GOING ON (JUST SAW MY EX-FINACE AFTER 3 MONTHS). LAST NIGHT THE PAIN WAS BAD AND I FELT SO SICK THAT I WAS SHAKING AND HAD GOOSEBUMPS ALL OVER MY BODY. THIS MORNING WHEN I WOKE UP THE PAIN ABOVE MY BELLY BUTTON IS BURING SO BAD....I REALLY HOPE I DONT HAVE SOME KIND OF STOMACH BUG. I HATE THIS. WHAT CAN I DO TO FEEL BETTER, OR WHAT COULD THIS BE. I HAVE IBS, I WONDER IF IM JUST HAVING A BAD ATTACK.

Hey, im really sorry your feeling bad. First of all, if your stressed it can set off your ibs, which what could be happening, do take anything for it? and does it come at a certain point of the day?. I used to get feelings like that in the morning, then at night. Also have you been to see the doctor? i got given these tablets that eased the pain and would take away that crampy feeling, and ibs can also make you feel sick. Also maybe getting a hot water bottle and laying face down on that for a while and taking deep breaths, i found that helped me when my stomach got crampy. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanx. i will try all those things. i went to the bathroom and it seems like it's getting looser. im freaking out. i dont wanna have a flu.

Awww please stay calm. I know its hard, but when you panic it could be making it worse. Maybe some peppermint may also help the crampy feeling?. I hope you feel better soon, try and stay calm. Take care.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw, Tanya - please, don't freak out! It just sounds like IBS! You'll be fine. I've had like, 3 weeks of d* because of all the stress in my life right now,but you know what? I'm not scared. I just laugh at it! It really does help.

Don't let this fear beat you! Lavendar is very soothing, to smell, or just have nearby, in times when you're under emotional anxiety. If you can control that, then your stomach will settle down =]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

MY NERVES HAVE BEEN PRETTY BAD LATELY. I REALLY DO HOPE ALL IT IS, IS A CASE OF IBS AND IT WILL SETTLE SOON. SOME DAYS MY IBS LEAVES ME FEELING SO DOWN. IT IS SUCH A YUCKY THING TO HAVE.

THE THING IS, IS THAT I FEEL HUNGRY BUT IM SCARED TO EAT ANYTHING CAUSE I DONT WANNA MAKE IT WORSE. I FEEL ALL WEAK AS WELL AND IM NOT SURE IF THATS B/C IM NOT EATING A LOT.

I WILL DEFINITELY TRY THE LAVENDAR IDEA. IF I FEEL BETTER I WILL RUN TO THE STORE AND PICK SOME UP. THANKS[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

NOW I CANT STOP CRYING. I FEEL SOOO SICK. I WANT THIS TO ALL GO AWAY. I AM HAVING A PANIC ATTACK AND I FEEL LIKE MY STOMACH IS GOING TO EXPLODE.

How are you now? I honestly don't think it's an sv*. It sounds like a combination of ibs and stress. Your anxiety is making it worse. Can you get hold of some peppermint, camomile or ginger tea? They are all great at settling the stomach. The lavender is a good idea, too. I've heard that putting a few drops of peppermint oil on a tissue and sniffing it is good for n*.

Sorry you feel so bad - I hope this passes soon.

hey hun,

at the moment, im thinkng im having bad ibs as well, earlier on I had a bad panic attack because my bowels have been off for weeks, now i have the feeling im constipated then it comes out loose and very uncomfortable, ive been having pains and cramps feeling n*, with ibs i sometimes think it causes alot of gas as well, as in the anxiety does as well, also my ibs can cause pressure on my bladder and make me need to pee alot, alot of presure and feeling bloated doesnt help either..

I do think this is ibs hun, i do know how your feeling, were here for you

thanks for your support. violet im sorry to hear that you have been suffering with ibs for a few weeks. i hate it when that happens. i tend not to eat on days like this and im not sure if that makes it worse or not. i think i will try to eat something later. i also havent been sleeping very well lately and that always triggers my ibs.

you hang in there and i hope you feel better.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

hugs and kisses.

hey hun,

I think not eating makes it worse, with IBS, eating is probably better as it regulates the bowels more, and helps give it something to push through rather than cramping and empty, so probably better with ibs that we do as much as possible to regulate our eating and sleeping, as hard as that is..

I d think what you and me both have is bad ibs and stress,ive just moved 400milrs away from my mother,and well not taking it to well, and your situations recently,it all adds up..

you ever need a shoulder or anything im here

x

Hey,

I have been there with SEVERE IBS at different stressful points in my life (most notabley when I graduated from high school and college.) I was sooo sick all of the time that I thought that there had to be something else wrong. After I graduated from college I had d* (really really bad) for three weeks straight and ended up in the ER for dehydration. It was nothing more than stress, I know that now. I think of that and say to myself now you were THAT sick for three weeks straight and you are scared of v* a few times in one evening!!! Funny how the mind works isn't it?? We can endure d*,cramps,discomfort, n* for days on end but we won't v* once!! We are a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for!!

I know that you are going through hell right now. The ONLY things that I have found to help with a severe IBS flare-up are the following, maybe they will help you too. First thing is to STOP and take time to figure out what is REALLY stressing you out. Its usually not something obvious, but more deep rooted. Second, you have to get your mind off of it and do NORMAL daily things. I know that it is so hard because you get so afraid of leaving a 10 feet radious from the toilet...but make yourself do it and I promise things will get better once you occupy your mind with something besides the worry.

I really hope that some of this helps...If you want, PM me, I'll help anyway I can and I have DEFINATELY been there before.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

You're going to be ok! It is IBS, I'm positive! An sv* DEFINITELY would not last that long and have those symptoms. I really feel bad for you. I have it too and I know how much it sucks sometimes.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Hi, sorry you aren't feeling well. I think, too, that a lot of it is stress related. Sometimes we underestimate how brutal stress can be to our bodies. Try to take care of yourself and do what makes you calm. I like baths, naps, meditation, a good book, etc. Keep us posted...</font>