Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I'm an emetophobe, like most of us,of course.Nice to meet you all. The first thing before I post any of my experiences is something related to obscure phobias and public humiliation of people who suffer from them. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what Maury did.

Check out these videos. There's not any v**** involved in any of these, it's all about other things...but I was just imagining being on that show about my emetophobia, I'd do the same thing, and it would be so embarassing and terrifying.....):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S89Y4shxtE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62t8C...;mode=related& amp;search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4Pw...;mode=related& amp;search=

i've seen those episodes before! it actually upset me that the audience found it so hysterical. i guess that pickles and mustard are strange things to fear, but for these people it's real. besides for my emetophobia, i have a huge fear of clowns and i know i would have had the same reaction that they did if i were to ever be exposed to clowns or v*!!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I know. That was really what upset me: The people in the audience laughing, as well as the way Maury said "Look at this!" and showed them what they were afraid of. Horrible...

That poor girl. Fear of pickles is a really unusual phobia, but I know there are people out there that fear some really obscure things. They only showed pickled gherkins, I wonder if she fears other pickles like onions, cauliflower, beetroot.

I hate clowns too, although I wouldn't say it was bad enough to call it a phobia, also anyone wearing a mask or costume where I can't see their face gives me the creeps big style. At carnivals etc where there are peole dressed up I have to avoid, Iabsolutely hate it when they come near me and sprint off in the opposite direction!

Oh andby the way, welcome to the group Mayinga!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Thanks, great to meet you. ^.^ I kind of like to mess with clowns. But they do scare me, as well. o.O

anyone else think that the girl's fear of pickles might somehow be linked to v*?

why would he ever do that to that poor girl. thats terrible.
    thats like putting us in a giant room with people v* everyhwere.
    terrible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have very little sympathy for these people because dude, if you're going on Maury Povich about your phobia, you know whats going to happen. He does these types of shows a few times a season, so it's not like it should be a massive surprise, especially since most of the time it is the people themselves calling wanting to be on the show. If they watch the show. they mustknow the deal.

It's kind of like being called to be a guest on the Jerry Springer show, and then being surprised when your boyfriend admits that he is sleeping with a 400lb pre-op transexual named She-nai-nai.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I saw an episode of Tyra one night where this lady was scared of her oven. So Tyra decided to have her back cookies and "poof" she was cured. I thought it was wrong how people lauphed at the girl as did Tyra. But like amber said, you know what you are getting yourself into when you go on these shows!