Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sick help!

okay well monday night i went to a party, drank more than i ever drank before, and didn't go to sleep until about 4:00am. then i woke up at 9:00am because i had work tuesday morning. i usually get a lot more than 5 hours of sleep, so i was feeling crappy all day long. then last night i went to a friends house and around midnight i started getting a splitting headache, chills, and i was extremely tired. i figured it was all a result of being hungover and not having slept much. then this morning i woke up with a 103.0 fever and i still feel awful! the fever is making me so dizzy and n*, my throat hurts, and my head feels so heavy; i'm thinking it's just my sinuses but i'm worried! i'm exhausted but i can't fall asleep because i'm so scared to wake up and have to v*. my mom said that if i was going to v*, i already would have considering i've been showing symptoms for 24 hours now, but she may just be telling me that so i feel better! what if it's the flu? what are the symptoms for that? please reply i'm so freaking out right now

<3 kristina
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

hey hun, hope you're feeling better.

i drank alot once and i felt really crappy for the next 2 days, i even got a fever as a result of the hangover andstress.i'm not saying it could be what you have, but usually sv* symptoms come on strong and fast. you could be feeling nauseous as a result of the anxiety about being sick, but the best for you right now is (probably easier said that done) is to just relax and focus on feeling better. pop a tylenol, drink some juice, put a cold cloth on your forehead and wait for it to pass. hope you feel better soon.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks so much for your reply liz! i fell asleep for a few hours and woke up feeling much better. fever went down to 100.0 and my headache is slowly wearing off [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]i probably just have a bad sinus infection, this usually happens to me in the summer but i can never be too sure what it is! thanks again
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

It could be a coincidence that your sinuses are playing up just after having a night drinking.Or it certainly could be the effects of the alcohol still with you. I metabolise alcohol really quickly, so if I'm gonna feel bad after a night drinking too much I'll feel ill during the night and at longest next moring. However my boyfriend suffers the next day, all day and can also suffer into the next day!

Anyway glad to hear you are feeling better!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Aww no problem, it's good to hear you're feeling better!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad you're feeling better, I was going to agree could be sinus or you could be dehydrated from the drinking and hung over still.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin