Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need your help

Hybrid View

I've been doing really good lately. Even when I have felt bad because of all of my heartburn and indigestion in pregnancy it really hasn't bothered me. My husband has always had a bad stomach. He still has problems when he eats certain things and even that hasn't gotten to me lately. I will sit by him, sleep in the same bed, everything without a second thought. But for some reason, tonight is different.

My sister made him a banana milkshake which he normally really likes (at least I know he likes the ones I make). He felt fine all day, but said that the milkshake tasted funny. He drank 2/3 of it anyway because he didn't want to hurt her feelings. I'm not sure what she put in it, but he said she had put some whip cream in it. It was the "real" kind that you make from heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar, left over from the 4th of July. It was in the fridge, but I don't how long it stays good. I really don't know what else she may have put in it other than a banana and ice cream. He said it was really watery.

When I got home from work about 3 hours ago he told me it had tasted funny and he wasn't feeling too good. Since then he has gotten worse. I can see that look on his face like he has a really sour stomach. That "I need to v* look" I have seen from him so often. I asked if he was going to v* and he said he didn't know. He thought he would feel better if he did, but doesn't want to because he knows about my fear.

He kept going back and forth about whether he wanted to eat dinner or not. He finally decided on a bowl of vegetable soup with some crackers. He isn't hungry at all, but he hadn't eaten much else today and thought that maybe getting something else in his stomach would help dilute the shake or something. I just have a horrible feeling he is going to be sick. But not for food reasons. For some reason, I am really worried that he is just sick.

He just came up and said he only ate a few bites of the soup. He said it feels like things are moving through him now and he is going to have d* really soon. Does this sound like a sv or just like something didn;t agree with him? I don't think I could handle getting sick right now - especially not while I am delivering a baby. Please help I am really panicking!

It sounds to me that something just didn't agree with him. The fact that he did eat a few bites of something else and says things are moving,....etc...is a good indication it was just a sensitive stomach case. Sometimes dairy,..and especially REAL whipped cream....all the dairy,...could be a lactose thing.

I think it would be ok if you didn't want to sleep with him tonight,...might be less stress on you but it sounds like hes going to be ok.

Another thing to know is when your pregnant,...you really have a strong immune system usually and you don't catch things easily. Its like a natural protection.

Im sure you will be fine.....relax the best you can.

Samantha

I agree, just sounded like something didn't settle. If she used the real whipping cream, maybe that was just too heavy or fattening. Some people have trouble with high fat things. Keep us posted and stay strong...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He says he feels a little better. He doesn't look as bad, but he hasn't gotten up and moved around in a while. He kept the soup down and still has not yet had d*, however, he did say he's been really gassy. Hopefully you are right and it just didn;t agree with him. I am probably just really tired and that's why I am not thinking very rationally. I ahven't slept in the last two nights, so hopefully tonight will be better.

Thanks for your responses josie and purpleteacher. I can always count on people here to be supportive and help put things in perspective.

I wouldnt worry (I know easier said than done).

From what you have said about his stomach in the past,the milkshake probably just didnt agree with him. Which in turn makes you feel sick and gassy. My mom has had problems with ulcers and severe heartburn and acid reflux...so she cant have dairy at all. It might be something that he should slack up on...really.

My mother v* daily, if not every other day. She has had many surgeries and only has a little bit of her stomach left. (LONG STORY)

I cant tolerate dairy right now with all the heartburn and reflux I have had. It really makes me feel sick. I drink soy milk. I use soy milk in cereal. Maybe he should try it in his milkshakes and other stuff. It comes in vanilla and chocolate. Madison drinks it too!

Sorry to ramble. But I know you have posted many times about his tummy issues. It sounds like he has something else going on.Edited by: madisonsmom

sounds to me that the shake did not agree....better out than up!!! You poor thing! I hope he feels better soon. Maybe some time on the loo and it will pass! Good luck tonite!!!

(((hugs)))

Becca

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How is he now? Really, I think the heavy cream may not be agreeing with him because it is so rich.

Considering he thought the milkshake tasted funny it probably had something to do with that. How is everything now?
    \"This too shall pass\"

He finally had to go to the bathroom last night and said it all came out (gross, I know[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]). Afterwards, he ate a sandwich and some chips and had a glass of orange juice though, so I guess it made him feel better. He went to bed after his late night sandwich and never got up again, so I am assuming he is feeling okay. He was still asleep when I left for work. It probably was either something wrong with the milkshake, or just putting the heavy dairy on an empty stomach. He does have tons of stomach problems, as you all remember. I told him next time something tastes funny, don't eat or drink it! I couldn't even imagine doing that being an emet!

Thanks for all of your support and advice!

Glad he is feeling better now....you can put your mind at ease now. Good luck to you Silly...i'll be thinking of you!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"