Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ya know, I adore the b/f but geez! Lately he has caused me more worry emet wise LOL!

OK so I posted last weekend that he was coming up and hadn't felt well. Things were fine. So now, he's coming up Friday after work (so will get here Friday evening). Well, we talked last night, he'd gone to dinner and then also had some sushi. He had to use the bathroom a couple times ... So tonight I talk to him, he's been in bed all day back and forth to the bathroom (he did v* ... didn't want to tell me but finally did after I annoyed him hehe). So he says he thinks it's something he ate, that he didn't really have a stomach ache, no temp, just to and from the potty alot. And he was feeling better ... better enough to go to the drive thru to get some dinner. So... the question .... do you think if it was a bug he will be contagious still on Friday evening? I know it's Sunday and so it's practically a week away but ya know this emet stuff lol.

I asked if he thought it was a bug if he'd still see me, he said no because he'd be afraid to give it to me so he is understanding of emet and that it would be an issue.

Thanks in advance for replies! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

IF it were a bug, buy Friday he could possibly still be carrying some of the virus in his stool, but probably not in high enough quantities to worry about. As long as you used good hygene when you use the bathroom (which I'm sure you do!) you would be fine, even if it was a virus. It does sound a lot like something he ate though. I would think sushi would be a food with higher chances of being "off" since it isn't cooked. If he was already eating this evening, it probably isn't a virus. Either way, though, by Friday you should be fine. Edited by: sillygirl

Thanks, sillygirl. Your reply made me remember Alvin's Q&A so I hopped over there where he said the same thing. GOD I HATE EMET! We are doing the LD thing so I don't see him that often so when I do I want to be near him and not worry.

Plus he was eating by last night. I don't know but I'd think w/ a bug he probably wouldn't have felt much like it at that point? I dunno .... did I mention I hate emet?

How long do you guys wait to be around (w/o being a nervous wreck) b/f's, g/f's, spouses after they are ill?
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Since I live with my husband there is really no getting away from him. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] As bad as my emet is, I find that when he isn't feeling well I am usually sitting right there beside him the whole time (not while he is v* of course, but the rest of the time). I sleep in the same bed as him (unless he feels tha the may have to get up and v* just because I can't stand being awakened by that sound). I guess I pretty much go back to "normal" around him about 3 days after his symptoms are gone. I may not kiss him for a full week though, depending on how brave I feel. As far as the bathroom goes, I will usually just keep a can of lysol in there and spray things down before I use them for a couple of days.

I know how hard hte long distance thing can be. I really don't think you will catch anything from him and I'm sure you want to see him. If I were you, I would keep your plans at this point. I've found that doing these things that scare you are what really help you in the end - when you see that what you were afraid was going to happen doesn't. It will help you beat your emet in the end. Good luck!

Thanks again! I agree ... cancelling is letting emet win. I trust him that he wouldn't subject me to it and he probably knows his body adn if it felt like a bug vs food related. Ya know what's funny is he's telling me he can tell the sushi was ok that it must've been the other restaurant. HA HA! Oh well. I'm apologizing in advance for the whinny, freaking out posts I may add to this as we near Friday. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Benjamin Franklin

It does sound an awful lot like it is food related.

On my birthday in May, my boyfriend suddenly got very ill and felt really sick and made himself v* to feel better.

The next day was my graduation, and I was TERRIFIED to be near him. I held my breath a lot of the time and after we were holding hands, I washed mine about a million times. Haha. I annoy him.

Even if it is a bug, you should definitely be fine. Back in November, my boyfriend came over on a Monday and I was kissing/hugging/ etc. with him and then the next morning, he was deathly ill and v*ed a lot. He had caught a virus from his little brother. I never got sick, even though I freaked out for a few days. But, since I didn't get sick from seeing him the day before he was that sick, I think you will definitely be fine.

Oh, and it takes me several days to be around him normally after he's been sick. Good luck!!

Thanks, Victoria! He comes tomorrow night!He hasn't had any tummy trouble since so I think he's OK.
    Benjamin Franklin