Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach trouble

Well im still eating its been 2 weeks now, but im still just on sandwhichs and cereal really, i have had a mcdonalds. My stomach still isn't get used to the food, im going back to my doctor on monday though to see whats happening i guess, my stomach keeps getting upset (sorry tmi) but i keep having d* and its very painfull on my stomach, i feel like im full of air and my stomach bloats badly. I was ok eating pb&j sandwhichs for a while, i think my stomach got used to them, then i hadn't had one for a few days, then when i had one today my stomach became really aggivated, its also the same with an dairy, ice cream, butter, cheese and milkshakes i've tried having all have given me an upset stomach, i think i need to wait to what the doctor says on monday, but my mum wants me to have a roast dinner tomorrow, which i don't think would be a good idea if my stomachs upset, do you think its best to stick to the brat diet and get some rehydration drinks? sorry for the rant..lol.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I think it is good that you introduce new food. Its probably just your stomach reacting to *new* food it hasn't experienced in awhile. I am sure with the more you eat and introduce more food your stomach will begin to recognize it and do better.

Amber

Hey babe, I've been where you are when introducing new food and for a while my stomach was insane because it wasn't used to anything more than crisps. It will settle down again. Just keep your meals as light as you can. Don't expect to go from 0 to 100 straight away b/c it'll just make things worse, you're doing well girl. Keep it up
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

You're doing great, Ruth! My advice is to stick to light things until you talk to your doctor, and see what he recommends. Take care![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey thanks for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], my mum spoke to the doctor at the hospital about it, and they understand that i havn't eaten well for a while and they said to stick to foods such as bread, cereal, pasta and rice and things like banana's, but i also do need to add in dairy products and things in fat in so it gets used to it otherwise it will take longer, he told me just to take paracetamol, lay on my stomach and put a ht water bottle on it to ease the pain, i did that last time i started eating again and it helped, so i think thats the best thing and just go through the pain now rather then waiting.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Ruth!

You are doing great! It sounds like its mainly the dairy stuff that is making your stomach get upset, and I have heard that dairy can be the hardest on the stomach (plently of people are lactose intolerant, but you don't hear about that much with say bread, or vegetables or things like that, because they aren't as hard on your stomach). Maybe take more gradual steps, like instead of a whole milkshake, have instead a couple small pieces of cheese with a meal. To be honest sometimes milkshakes and stuf like that bugs my stomach, and I'm used to eating lots of stuff.

Hey thanks, yeah it does seem to be dairy or things high in fat, i also think its my ibs coming back a bit from so much stress int he family at the moment, but i had some ice cream earlier it wasn't to bad in pain wise, it just upsets my stomach, but i think its getting used to it now. Im still eating my cereal in the morning, but i find its not enough? lol, im acctuly getting hungry again now (woo! lol) i had pasta, tuna and mayonaise light yesterday for my lunch, well i have a cooked meal at lunch time insted so its gone down by the time i sleep and have a sandwhich in the evening for my dinner. Tomorrow im going to try some crispy chicken, chips and garlic bread for my dinner, my mums going to have some with me to, so i hope that goes down fine[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks for all the support, its really helping me!!.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Have you thought about trying some of that milk that's for lactose-intolerant people? In the states it's called Lactaid. I have been drinking it lately, and it is pretty good. Maybe it is the lactose that is bothering you. They also sell supplements that help the body digest lactose. You could probably find some at a health food store, or drug store. Anyway, you are doing awesome! Keep up the good work![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey, thanks, i shall try and have a look for some[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Im writing a huge list at the moment of all the foods that i like, that i havn't had for ages, and im making a chart (i know this sounds childish lol) but im putting down all the foods i would like to eat, and my dad over a few weeks is going to buy me like the items on the list, so i have to eat a few a week in moderation, and each one i do, put a tick next to it or a sticker, and have like a goal target i have to get to, like its things high in colour i've always worried about so something like beans on toast would be a big step. Im going to aim to have one of those innocent smoothies a day to, there just fresh fruit and there like 2 of the 5 a day of fruit and veg. Thanks for all the support still, it really is a big help, i couldn't do it without you lot[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Well i'm glad to read see that you're still perservering with your eating Ruth. Its a pity that you're getting upset stomachs etc still though. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Why don't you try and eat yeast-free or wheat free bread? It could be the yeast or wheat that is making you bloated (and gassy??)

I get bad gas/bloating etc so I have stopped eating bread with Wheat gluten in it, I eat this really delicious Rye bread, its about £1.29 a loaf, but its sooo nice toasted. It has sunflower seeds on top too, which are really good for you. Its also organic. It's called Stamp Collection Organic Wheat/gluten free rye bread - i buy it at Sainsburys. Also, for Dairy, try eating vanilla flavoured yoghurt (I eat Rachel's organic Vanilla flavour) it has lots of friendly bacteria for your stomach too.

Anyway, keep it up, the idea about the chart and all that sounds good too.. not childish at all! Let us know what the doctor says too..

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I think you're doing great Ruth! I am so happy for you that you are able to start eating again.

Its also good that you are eating healthy, have you always tended to eat healthy?

Also, how do you make those fruit smoothies? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] They sound really good!!

Hey!! thank you!! i had some rice, tuna and mayonaise today for my main meal and then an ice cream, im feeling a bit n* right now because of heartburn, but im still going lol. I also havn't takrn my anti-sickness every night so i can try get through this myself. Thanks for all the support, im going to try get a healthy eating plan, maybe onebody builders do, so i can build up muscle in my body again, when i get more energy and start eating healthy i might join a gym to stay fit[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. The smoothies are called innocent smooties you get in the shops, there made with just fruit, nothing else, there really nice!! there's also pj smoothies which is a probiotic yogurt smoothies, they taste really nice. You use low fat healthy yogurt, 1/2 pressed apple, 5 crushed strawberrys, 45 pressed grapes, thats whats in it. Thanks again for all the support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!