Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so i know i don't post much here any more. i have been busy trying to start my own business since i quit my job in february..

but i need a place to vent some stuff... my boyfriend's dad fell ill last week, with some unknown condition that has rendered him unconcious basically. he's not in a coma but the only thing he does now is move his arms around a bit. he's in intensive care in the hospital. my boyfriend's mom is also sick, but she has MS and isn't able to walk. she's in the hospital now too, since her husband is the one that takes care of her.

we went up to see them for a couple days last week and it was so sad and depressing. i don't know what they are going to do. they don't have any insurance! they might lose their house. it is awful... i don't know what to do about it, because there isn't really anything that can be done.

i did pretty well on our trip up to see them. and to make matters worse, this is the first time i have met my boyfriend's parents! after 2 and a half years of dating! isn't that awful?

we got back on saturday and i had to shoot a wedding in the afternoon and i have been so exhausted from all of this.

i've also been trying to get my own insurance and get off the COBRA insurance i am on from my previous job.... so i'm scared to go to the doctor now since they are watching what i am doing now and i don't want to screw it up. i've already been declined by one insurance company. but i think i want to go see the doctor because i feel weird for a few hours after i have a bowel movement. it is probably just IBS, but everything always says you feel BETTER after the bowel movement if you have IBS. and ever since i got sick in january i am more prone to feeling nauseated... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

sorry for the rant. it has been a crappy time for me. i'm so tired of all the bad things that have happened this year. it is exhausting

elizabeth

Sounds horrific.

n youre emet n youre still doin all this stuff? ya own business n things.. thats inspiring.

I love ya avatar.Edited by: Eternity

Awww Elizabeth!!!!

**HUGS** I'm so sorry about your boyfriend's dad!!! They don't have ANY idea what's wrong???

This is going to sound empty, but my prayers are with you and your boyfriend's family! I hope they find out what is wrong so that he can receive treatment!

I'm really sorry about this!!!

You seem to be going through a lot right now!! I hope it all works out!!! I wish I could say something else...

I don't have much expertise on insurance or on IBS or doctors....

Just know I'm here for you pal!!

**HUGS**
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope they can find out what's wrong with him. That's awful not knowing and waiting. Sorry to hear about it.

thanks guys. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

and thanks eternity, about my avatar... it is a picture of my eye, by the way. and yeah, starting my own business is actually better for the emet i think. i am a photographer and this way i don't have to go sit in an office for 8 hours a day and be miserable and be around disgusting noisy people. now i just have my clients to deal with and not for as long and for LOTS more $$$$

i hope it works out.

my boyfriend's dad is still the same. i honestly don't know what is going to happen. it really sucks.

elizabeth

UGH. i don't know what to do or how to deal with this. now they are saying they are going to pull the plug on him sometime.... soon maybe... and if he lives he lives, if he doesn't...that's that....

i don't know what to do! and this isn't even my own dad![img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    elizabeth

**HUGS**

Elizabeth!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I'm SOO SOO SORRY!!!

**HUGS**

I wishI knew what to say again, but all I can do is offer my support and offer a listening ear anytime you need it!! ANYTIME!! Feel free to e-mail me, IM me,PM me, anything!! I'm terribly sorry this is happening and I wish there was something I could do to help you deal with this!!!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Elizabeth,

I just wanted to know how things were going with your boyfriend's dad...any progress or improvement??? Any diagnosis?I have been praying!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

thank you! you are so sweet! he has improved actually. he's been responding to the doctors commands of "squeeze my hand", "wiggle your toes" and things. he's got his eyes open and has been looking at the tv. today they are going to take the tube out of his throat and maybe he will be able to speak! my boyfriend has gone up there to be with him and i've stayed here...so i have to wait for him to call to find out more.

it is all going better now. but they will still have to figure out how to pay for all of the time in the hospital. i don't know what will happen with that.
    elizabeth

Lizard,

I am so sorry to hear about that! You know you can IM me anytime. I would say you could PM me, too, if I had any idea what that was! Can anyone enlighten me??

I also wanted to tell you that what you are experiencing is probably IBS. I have it, and I usually feel kinda weird/crampy, etc, AFTER I go to the bathroom as well.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by lizard79

thank you! you are so sweet! he has improved actually. he's been responding to the doctors commands of "squeeze my hand", "wiggle your toes" and things. he's got his eyes open and has been looking at the tv. today they are going to take the tube out of his throat and maybe he will be able to speak! my boyfriend has gone up there to be with him and i've stayed here...so i have to wait for him to call to find out more.

it is all going better now. but they will still have to figure out how to pay for all of the time in the hospital. i don't know what will happen with that.

Elizabeth,

WOW!!!! I'm SOOOO SOOOO happy to hear things are improving and that he is makingSUCH wonderful progress!!!! May things continue to look up from here!! I'm still praying for him!!! Do keep us updated!!!

This is GREAT news to hear he has improved!!!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!