Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: turkey

OK so I opened a new package of turkey lunchmeat (the prepacked kind not the deli kind) I was so hungry, made a sandwich and ate it ... the turkey was a pinkish color tho. Normally I get from the deli and it's always white ... is pink in prepackaged normal? I'm trying to remember and I can't. I thought it was always white. The package picture is even white ... well a yellowish lol AHHH! I'm so stressed over this trip that I'm losing my mind. Does anyone know if pink is OK? Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a pain in the butt. After this weekend I should be less annoying lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am pretty sure that pinkish is ok.. i have had some prepackaged like that and it was pinkish and i was ok. Nothing bad came out of it.. how long ago did you buy it? if it was in the last week you should be fine!

Normally the turkey u get from the deli is white because its all natural.. lol maybe we shouldnt get into that.. anyways i know when meat is packaged like that they have to add additives and preservatives to make it last longer so they are actually better to eat than the deli meat because after 2 or 3 days of opening deli meat it goes bad..

I hope thise eases you mind some what!

Take care

Kristin

Smoked turkey is always a pinkish color. Maybe it was smoked turkey. Roasted turkey is usually the whitish color. Hope that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OK it's been about 3 hrs, getting a little nervous.

It's oven roasted AHHH!not smoked. I'm trying not to flip but w/ this trip coming I"m even more scared that I will get fp and have it kick in down there. If I'm leaving really early Saturday morning do you think fp would kick in before then? AHHH! Sorry guys I've lost my mind.
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

It's okay. My turkey is often a little pinkish. Don't panic- seriously- you are fine. I have honey roasted turkey in my fridge right now and it's pinkish. The fiance has been eating it all week and I had some the other day, too.

\"This too shall pass\"

I always buy the deli select turkey and it is always pinkish in color....don't even worry I eat it all the time, it's suppose to be that color.

Yep. I buy that stuff for the hubby and kids all the time (I don't eat it b/c I am vegetarian) and it is just that color. I'm sure it's fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you so much guys! I had myself a little break down earlier tonight. Stupid here looked up fp on webmd ... don't do it! So, I've actually considered canceling going this weekend because I don't want it to kick in down there. Now my intestines are grumbly and I'm still nervous but I also had a hunger pang a bit ago so that helped a bit.

I'm really sorry for being sucha pain lately. Ugh, too much crap at once right now I suppose. Anyhow, thanks again, I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ pink turkey and that it's ok.

It has the customer service # on the pkg, do you think I should call and ask them tomorrow or am I just asking for trouble lol
    Benjamin Franklin

You are so totally fine. You have more than likely worked yourself up- causing your digestive system to yell back at you. Don't call, don't worry. Don't even think about it.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey I agree with everyone else here...i think the turkey was just fine...i think it is supposed to be alittle pink anyway...i know you are stressed about it, but that is just going to make it seem worse....you will be fine...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You will be fine! And, don't think about cancelling your trip because of it! Think of your cousin, and think of how proud you will be (and we will all be) when you have done it! Don't forget to call me if you need me!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

You guys I am the BIGGEST idiot in the world! I gave myself n', major anxiety and tons of crying and stress. I told my Mom (since I was suppsoed to go w/ her) and she reminded me that its the ultra thin slices and to look at them individually. Uh, yeah I did and guess what, they aren't pink individually ... the have that brownish streak stuff that turkey has and when placed together, you guessed it ... it looks PINK! I also drove myself crazy before all this typing in pink turkey and for furture reference turkey is safe even if a little pink as long as the internal temp is whatever it's supposed ot be (160 or 180, not sure). Apparently air, minerals and the age of the turkey used can make color pinkish. GOD I FEEL SO STUPID!

Thanks for putting up w/ me guys! Mary I WILL be calling you lol ... cell's still the same right?Edited by: SimplyMe
    Benjamin Franklin

Yep, same cell number! Call me whenever you want! You will be FINE, I promise!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."