Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So today was the annual summer party for my work place. It was out on a lovely lake and the weather was perfect. I had a lot of fun.

However, now I'm panicking!

They only had out houses. I didn't use one, but I had to go in one to get changed. The worst part is, is that there was no way to wash your hands! It was steaming hot and moist in there too, a perfect place for things to breed.

After I got changed, I ate with my hands...

I just know I'm going to get sick... help...

Dont worry you will be fine!

Did you touch anything in there or just put your clothes on and get out? If you didnt touch anything but your clothes (which wouldnt have touched anything in there)?? then you will be fine!

You wont get sick! Be stong x

You will absolutely be okay.

I sent my daughter to girl scout camp a couple of weekends ago when it was like 95 here and worried about the same stuff. She was fine. Try not to think about it.

\"This too shall pass\"

You'll be fine I use to go camping and I hated those things it grossed me out so bad, I always worried to about catching things in there but it never happens, believe me you took the right precautions, some people dont' even wash there hangs when they get out of those and they don't get sick, I swear your mind convinces you, you will get sick, this is what I do when I get like this my words exactly " There is no way I'm not going to get sick, I know it's going to happen only time can tell, what am I going do when the time comes" and then a panic attack hits me and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. IT'S SO SCARY, seriously all those things your thinking aren't going to happen, it's happened to me so many times and it never does, and the worst part it ruins my next few days, I won't go out or do anything cause the fear of feeling sick and vomiting, and it wastes so much time. So the best thing you can do right now is stop it all right now force yourself to go out and get your mind off of it, your wasting so much time on one little thing that's not going to happen.I remember as a child in elementry school, I would get up and go to work with my mom before school and get ride with one of the people she works and her son to school, and everyday I would write her a note saying I love you Mom and I know I'm not going to be sick and I'd say see you after school, every single day I'd do that,I found the notes the other day and I thought to myself how sad to see alittle kid like that. I wasted so much time in my life over this and now I realize I was so dumb I'm not a bad emet I dont' think about it everyday only when people that are around me are sick that's when I freak! But seriously stop it now before it ruins the next few days!

I went to camp almost every summer since I was 6 and they always had outhouses and I never got sick from one of them! You should be fine! It's not like you were bathing in the poop and stuff...LoL Gross I know but it's true!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!