Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What is your preference?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a morning person

18 18.18%
  • I am a night owl

71 71.72%
  • I have no preference

10 10.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Are you a morning person or night owl?

Neither. In the mornings I'm sleepy still, in the evenings I'm so tired sometimes I literally can't keep my eyes open. I would sleep all day if I could!

My energy comes on strong about 2:00 in the afternoon and I am great to go well into the morning hours.

Anything before noon is "ok" anything before 8:00am is downright dangerous!

David

Night owl.. I think I have my 'wires' around the wrong way.. I could be up all night & sleep during the day if I didn't have small children or responsibilities
    I force myself to go to bed between 2 -3am. I'm more 'alive' late afternoon/night.

I enjoy the night. I will, when possible, wake up at around 6:00 PM and stay up with the late AMs.

Interesting idea Doug, but I don't know if this is related to emetophobia. I think it a more to do with the age distbution of people who use the forums. Kids tend to be mornings, adolescents to twenies tend to be evening people, and then go back to mornings as they get older. Obviously there are exceptions but in my class of uni students, the ratio of owls to larks was about 15:1 even though overall population might be more mornings, the age group on this site will tend to favour evenings. You'd absolutely have to take age into conideration first if you wanted to find out if emet and sleep time preference were related.

Im definitely a night person. I rarely go to sleep before 3am even though Im working now and have to get up at 7.20am, so I always feel tired and often take a little nap around 6pm. I do feel like I achieve more if I get up early and am busy during 'normal' hours but if given the choice I'd rather go to bed late and get up around lunchtime.

These days I usually sleep between 3-7am. Usually around 5 or 6am lately. Then I wake up anywhere between 12pm - 4pm. So, I function well at night. But I hardly have an appetite and am ever truly awake.

I function better as a morning person. If I let myself sleep w/o waking up from an alarm clock, I sleep between 5-6 hours. If I sleep around 8pm and wake up around 2am I get right up with no problem. I'm awake and starving and feel energized.

So I guess technically Im a night owl, as far as functioning well during the early morning way before the sun comes up.

night owl, i hate mornings

Night owl...to be honest it at least started because usually when I'm sick, it'll start by waking me up in the middle of the night, and I figured if I just stayed up all night I could avoid that...I still feel that way when I'm nauseous, but mostly I think my body clock has just been messed up now. xD

i love to stay up at night reading a book or doing something quiet. But i also like getting up early some mornings. But mostly i dont haha.

Most definitely a night owl...which is strange because I have to be up bright and early for work everyday. I normally don't go to bed until 1 a.m. here...and am up at 6:45 a.m. Probably why I sleep so much on the weekends!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night owl for sure. There is something scary about the morning. It's the only time as a kid that I used to get sick. I'd rather just sleep through it than be awake and have to deal with it.

I`m definately an owl, as I loath getting up in the morning, & if I`m feeling low in the daytime, I usually start to feel much better as it starts to get dark. My mother told mee that when I was a baby, I would be awake all night, keeping the whole family up as well,but would sleep soundly all day.

Wow loads of night owls. My average bed time is between 3-5am. It's terrible really lol!

I am both! i have severe insomnia, so i'll usually get to sleep at around 1-3am and wake up at about 7-8am
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.