Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Last night when I was coming home from the bar, I was getting off the freeway and there was a car pulled over on the side of the road with a girl standing over the railing v* all over the place. It made me feel so sick. Everytime I see a car pulled off the road I always look to see if someone is v* outside of it. Noone ever is except this time. I actually saw it...it just really grossed me out!!

Michele

I know how you feel-I do the same thing. Coincidentally, last night when I was headed home, I noticed that the turning lane next to me was not moving...only one car had gone through the light while I was waiting to go straight. I look in my rearview mirror and see the guy behind me looking to his side. Then the cars started moving and I saw a guy holding the door open and hanging out of it.I didn' t actually see anything but you know what I assumed.

Did the image haunt you all night? I was trying to go to sleep and kept getting the image in my head....I was so annoyed by it.
    *Amy*

Yuck! I know, the sight of it is pretty traumatic and hard to get out of your mind. Icky!

Please try though, to take your mind off of it with happy thoughts, a good book, or something funny on TV.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I do the same thing...what is with an emet's obsession with other people being sick and/or v*? I don't get it but we all seem to have the same things going on! I don't like to see it but then if it's there, I'll look & then have a full blown panic attack wondering if I'll be sick too. Anyone agree?
    Progress not Perfection!

I always feel quite strange (and a bit of an idiot!!) becos if I think I might have seen something I have to look again to make sure, then I see people v* and it freaks me out and takes me ages to calm down again.

Im also the same with v* in the street, if I seee it on the pavement I dont want to see it but kinda have to have a quick look anyway!!

Stupid, huh.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

oh thats awful!! I have always thought the same thing when i see a car stopped on the side of the road!

and i know isnt that wierd how we are soooo scared to see v* but we look to make sure anyways.. or we HAVE to look at it even though we hate it. .i do that all the time too.

I do that too. I hate seeing it so why do I look at every patch on the pavement to see if it's v* and scrutinize every car pulled over to see if somebody is being ill? Do you think we are unique in doing this? For example I can't imagine sombody with really bad arachnophobia going out of their way to find or look at pictures of spiders! Edited by: tcsarah
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

i do this all the time aswell, especially with patches on the path or road i have to look and check them out to see if its V* it never usually is and i dont know why i look because it makes me worse!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yuck, I have witnessed that many times after being at the bar. One time it was in the car I was in!!Semi graphic: A friend of mine who was a Marine and HUGE (but a total lightweight when it came to alcohol) just stuck his head out the window on the highway and let it go!!! You DID NOT want to see the car when we stopped. I will never forget it ever!!