Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: expiration date

My dad got me some ghiredelli chocolate, with caramel. i ate it..it was
    good..then i turned over the rapper and it was dated march 14, 2006. it
    didnt taste stale or anything like that but the emet in me is slightly
    bugging.

I've eaten expired chocolate before, and it was fine. I think with stuff like that, the date is a guideline as to it tasting freshest.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I've also eaten expired candy/chocolate etc with no problems! Oh yea, I must say I love the Jeter picture!!

Yankees are the best!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I've done the same thing and was absolutely fine. I think they date is for freshness, so if it tasted good, you got lucky, and have nothing to worry about. Ghiradelli chocolate is the best!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I personally think they put the date on there to scare people like us so we throw it away and go out and by new stuff. Didn't seem that when we were kids that alot of stuff didn't have expiration dates on it? Now they are everywhere. Just a thought....

ohh yum.. i have aten expired chocolate a few times.. it was fine! you will be ok!

i think on chocolates they only say "best before" and not "use by" which means its just an approximation. chocolate lasts for aaaaages so dont sweat it
    Angles

Chocolate really does last forever. It'll be fine.

I went to a party the other day...and there was ice cream people were tucking into so I had a huge mouthful...then when I said it tasted of coffee (it was chocolate ice cream) they told me it was out of date. I was really freaked out...half of me was thinking of all the dairy stuff in it and how bad it must be...but the stronger side of me won for once and I told myself not to worry until it made other people ill...

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Chocolate takes aaaaaaaaages to go bad... and if it was all sealed in it's packaging then it's absolutely fine! Dont worry. At least you don't have the chocolate scare we had here... cadburys had salmonelly... I can't eat it as much now.. so annoying

xxx