Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Black stool?..

Sorry for tmi, but over the past few weeks i've been having very strange bowels, it seems it goes from not being able to pass anything, then in the mornings having to rush to bathroom with loose stools. I keep getting cramps in my lower part of my stomach and like a burning sensation in the middle just below my rib cage. I keep feeling n* on and off, and this morning my stool has turned black..which made me pretty worried. Im going to the doctor tomorrow with my mum as she seems worried about this to, i know that stomach ulcers can cause black tarry stool, has anyone else had one before?..
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would just double check with the Dr, but I would say that most of your digestions problems can be caused by starting to eat again when you haven't been, your body suddenly needs to kick into gear where it hasn't had to so much recently. It's always good to get it checked as it can be a sign of other things but I think your stomach is just getting used to processing food. Feel better soon.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey, thanks. Yeah it could just be that, i've been eating meals again. Today i've had weetabix for breakfast, lunch i had these crispy pancake things with cheese in and some garlic bread, and ice cream and a little cake bar, so i won't eat much more today as i don't want to like overload myself lol so i have some plain toast for dinner a bit later and a couple of biscuits before bed. Thanks for the reply, i'll go to see my doc tomorrow and talk to him about it also so he can just make sure nothing else is wrong to be on the safe side.

Ruth x

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

let us know how you get on when yu go and see the doc .. please do go and get it checked !!

have you taken any pepto bismol? that will make your stool black.

i hope everything is okay. take care of yourself and let us know.
    \"This too shall pass\"

black stools also means a high level of iron in ur system. are u taking iron supplements or eating a lot of meat or anything like that?? let us know how ur appointment goes!!!
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Hey Ruth, hope you are feeling better.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I was going to ask you if you've taken any pepto bismol too, but that will make your poo's black for sure...i hope everything is ok....take care and let us know.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sounds like IBS to me. Black stool can mean you have eaten things that contain a lot of iron.

Black stool can be something really insignificant caused by something you ate- but it can also mean that there is blood in your stomach for some reason. Chris has been having black, tarry stools all day today because he injested a lot of blood last night (see http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=10139&a mp;PN=1).

It is more than likely nothing serious- but I would ask my doctor about it just in case. He/she may want to run a test or two to make sure all is well.

Has it happened again since? If not, than you are probably in the clear.

Hope you're ok,

*amber*

I was going to suggest the Pepto Bismol thing too. Anyway, let us know how you're doing.

btw, your avatar is cute and everything, but the major rapid flashing makes me want to go into a seizure or something. Whoa. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hey thanks for all the replies, i have an appointment next week with my doctor, as he is on holiday right now, so i will let you know then. The thing that worrys me most is now there is also blood..so maybe i should go see another doctorinsted of my one i normally have. I havn't taken any pepto bismol. Its now more blood then anything and im sorry for tmi, but its likeeither d* or nothing at all, and i just have had these like period pains, but no period, but i havn't had one for half a year from not eating and the last time i went to the doctors they said they didn't know if they would as i could have done damage to them, that i wouldn't be able to have kids..

Thanks for all the replies, i will let you know how it goes[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

p.s - Haha thanks about my avatar lol sorry about the flashing of it lol.

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!