Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My thoughts

Lately, i have been thinking about our fear that we share together. While I was doing this a thought popped into my head "If I could conquer this fear than I could do anything.". Have any of you felt this way? I mean im only twenty and have had scary things happen to me like anyone else but this fear of v* is going to take me down? I cant go out like that. So i thought about my life and when i take away the presence of fear in my mind anything seems possible. I dont think i could be alive I would be sooo happy it would kill me. Just a thought. I also think that when we do conquer our fears (which we will) we will be so stong and powerful on the inside. If i could just have that life I know in myself i could do anything. Stay strong everyone.

Thanks! Your post made me smile.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Hi Joshua. Your in good company. Emets are never really at ease with thenselves,it's true. However,i strongly believe that staying educated about the workings of the human body and how it relates to this phobia might help. Education is a very powerful and therapuetic tool;it may not be the cure but it might lead one to it.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the positive note of inspiration!!

I agree staying educated will definatly help. Though everyone around me seems to think my education will make me more "paranoid". It actually does the contrary. I hope everyone is doing well today.