Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Hey people...

Since your such understanding people, I thought it would be okaie for me to moan a little bit to you guys...I reallie gotta get this off my chest because I really want to be happie but for a few reasons seem like I can't...
    Okay, you see, tomorrow (July 16th) is my birthday *(13)*. But it is kinda a sad time because you know how my Daddy died in October, this will be my first b day without him and I am worried it will be a little lonely, just me and my mom. Plus to me it kind of symballizes a year without my dad, I know its stupid but my Dad was with me when I was 12 (even if only for a few months) but I will never see my Daddy in my 13th year. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Sorry that this post reallie has no rhyme or reason, I just kinda needed to vent and get this load off my chest...I want to be happy...but at the same time...I know its' okay to be sad...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

First of all.... happy 13thbirthday!

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope that you can take comfort in the fact that your dad really is with you now and will definitely be with you tomorrow... though he can't be there in person... I'm sure he'll surely be there in spirit as well as in your heart.

Maybe you and your mother can start a new tradition on your birthday this year. Light an extra candle on your cake for your dad, say a special prayer for him, or just take a moment to remember your past birthdays... tell stories... share memories. It's said that the only way a person can truly live forever is through memory... so you have the power to keep your father's alive just by remembering him.

I have experienced the losses of many loved ones in my lifetime and I can tell you that from that experience I've learned that the first year really is the toughest... everyday is a first day without that person. Take your time with grief and don't let anyone rush you along.Tomorrow is your day and it's important to know that while it's okay to feel alittle lonely,it's alsookay to have a little fun. And keep your head up becauseit will get easier with time.

May you have a birthday filled with many wonderful memories.

~Rachel

My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

awww hun, we're always here for you.

i think you have every right to feel the emotions you do... it took my friend 3 years of birthday's to overcome a close death to her... luckily now it doesnt make her sad... just makes her think..

this will be hard for you because October wasnt very long ago... just remember ur dad wud want you to be happy though on ur birthday... he wouldnt want you mourning him on YOUR special day. but u just gotta do whatever u feel comfortable doing.

lastly, hope you have a good day.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happy birthday Laura.

I totally agree with what Rachel and Jen said. It is understandable you feel like this. The first christmas, birthdays (your own and theirs) and anniversary are always very difficult but I think Rachels idea of starting a tradition would be lovely. I really hope that you enjoy your day and I will be thinking of you.

Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Happy Birthday!

I am so sorry to hear about you dad, that must have been really hard on you especially at such a young age. It must be absolutely awful to lose someone so close to you. Try to remember all the good times you had together to cheer you up. He will always be alive in your memory.

Keep smiling
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Thanks so much for all the support guys. I reallie appreciate you taking the time to reply to something like this. It just shows how great you guys are.

Well it's almost the end of my birthday and I can honestly say that it was pretty good, all things considered. I kept busy and my mom tried her hardest to make it very special and memorable to me.

Rachel; thank you for suggesting that we make a new tradition. My mom took me out for dinner (it was fun because she had a ceaser, and after having one gets really pathetically funny...sorry that was a bit OT). Anywayz, I suggested making a toast for my Daddy...she said that was a very good idea, and she suggested that we each think of a very good memory to go along with the toast. And I swear to god, I felt my dad with me in that restuarant while we made the toast.

Thanks again guys, you helped me get through what I thought would bea very difficult day. *Hugz*

I'm glad your birthday turned out alright considering the circumstances. I think that you are very brave, as the loss of a parent is very hard, my best friend lost her dad a few years ago and It can be a very lonely time. Its a great idea that you have started a new tradition and I'm sure your dad would be proud at your courage. Have a great first year of being a teenager! I'm sure u'l have some great times!

I'm happy your day turned out to be so good! It was a great idea to do a toast for your Dad, and like Izzy says, you have been very brave.

Take care
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

Carolinexx</font></font>

im so glad ur day turned out good.

u sure dserve it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Hey Laura...

I'm so happy that your birthday turned out okay And I'm also happy that you were able to take something from what all of us told you and use it to help make the day a little better, if not a little easier too. We're all like a little family here and just know that anytime you need advice, or help, or just a friend to turn to, we're here for you.

God Bless!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Aww i'm so sorry hun, you must be so upset!

I know this is a bit late, but i hope you had a good birthday [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I just live with my mam, and i gotta admit, i feel really lonely sometime... but i sort of know no different, as my dad left when i was only 2! so i don't remember much [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]