Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: To all emets,

Red face To all emets,

Hey everyone!
    Glad we've over come (for the most part) the trolls. Thanks to Sage and a few members, this site is back to normal!
    But, that's not the reason why I'm making this thread.
    I made this to say how STRONG we all are. When I say 'we' I mean all of us. All of us emets. we don't realize it. But take a moment, and think of everything that you've accomplished, even if it's something as simple as not v*ing your last sv, or trying to calm yourself through a panic attack. Think about things to be proud about, things that have happen that you didn't panic, or very mildly panicked but had it under control.
    We all UNDERSTAND one another. We do not all have the same level of anxiety, nor may we be afraid of the same thing, as in I'm afraid of both others and myself v*ing. But others could just be afraid of others v*, or vice versa.

I hope we all have many v free years, and anxiety free, and i hope sometime soon this website will be silent, because that means... WE ALL KICKED EMETS BUTT! Wouldn't that be great? Right now we can all help eachother through hard times, and soon all of us will no longer need this site.
    Last edited by Sammi1990; 02-02-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: To all emets,

great post!

(slow clap)

Default Re: To all emets,

my husband tells me when i break down, how strong i am. That breaking down is just showing how strong I (or all of us) have been for so long. We are strong to put up with the anxiety and toll it plays on us. I have not been around lately because of all the trolls, but it;s nice to hear that the problem has resolved.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: response, question about EMDR therapy

I applaud you for having the courage to walk through and face the fears. I know anxiety and panic can make everything feel bad, wrong, dooom and gloom, something bad is about to happen, just a whole cascade of negative, fearful thoughts get triggered. when this happens to me I pray and remind myself it is just a physiological response to whatever, an automatic thought or belief or some outside stimuli and that's all it is so as not to overidentify with the feelings and get swept away. Make sense? And I remember in my weakness He is strong... I don't know where to post questions but I am trying to find out if anyone knows if EMDR therapy is effective for E? I would like to ask Anna (Sage) but I don't know how to reach her...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    my husband tells me when i break down, how strong i am. That breaking down is just showing how strong I (or all of us) have been for so long. We are strong to put up with the anxiety and toll it plays on us. I have not been around lately because of all the trolls, but it;s nice to hear that the problem has resolved.