Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: bloated

I'm scared I will have food poisening form chicken I just atefrom the barbeque, I knew I would feel like this even before eating it, I'm feeling really boated and nervous, when my friend got food poisening from chicken she didn't suffer until like 28 hours later though and I'm scared that I will have to wait to feel ill and get d* until then. I don't feel sick, just bloated and everybody else ate it too. I think it's just anxiety, apparently 90% of what emets feel is their anxiety and 10% is true... ARRRGH scared. I dont want to have food poisening.

The chicken wasn't pink, I checked a few of the pieces I ate and it all looked fine... but owww I don't know what to do!!!

Please help me. Thanx to anyone who does, I'll check the post in a few hours.

Love Amy xXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

p.s hope everyone else is ok!!

If you're bloated, my advice is to taake an antacid or sip some hot tea, which will settle your stomach. If the chicken wasn't pink, you will be fine. Remember, we "condition" our minds to feel s* sometimes, and chances are, you're not s* and will be fine. Enjoy the rest of your day![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanx for your advice about the tea, I'll go and make one now... I've calmed down a bit now, someone else's reasurrance is what I needed, thanx =)

I'm sure I'll probably be fine, the chicken looked it =)

Silly anxiety. Oh well, life goes on...[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Thanx again xxx

glad things are looking up!! You'll be just fine.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey amy,

Could it be that maybe you were pretty hungry before you ate the chicken and maybe its alot of wind caused by the anxiety as well?

I have IBS and tend to bloat after hot food!

Hope you are feeling alot better and more calm now xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I was absolutely starving before I ate, and I hadn't really eaten much all day so that's a very good point. The bloating has gone down now, although I'm still paranoid that the chicken I didn't check was pink! So annoyed because I know how silly I'm being, If some of the chicken was cooked then it all must have been.. it was chicken sataye aswell so the pieces were like (.................................) that long and (.............) that thick, so of course they were going to be cooked through!

I'm convinced I have IBS but I'm not sure I know what all the symptoms are...

At the moment I get d* and then the complete opposite the next day... and I'm constantly bloated! Are these signs? xXxXxXx

yes they can be signs of ibs, best to go to the docs and talk it over with him see if he can maybe get you on some meds for it, even if they are herbal just something to help..

with the chicken pieces being so small im very sure they were cooked hun!!

you would probably have had a funny senstation.taste in your mouth if they werent cooked right, please try to keep that calm feeling going!!

although one other thing with ibs is your diet can affect it alot, so maybe something else is you could be allergic to something your eating or maybe your system doesnt agree with it, just a thought though, also dont worry about it, nothing serious has happened to you with it, so going to the docs would be the best idea

I'm going to the doctors next week so I'll talk about it then... unless you advise that I go before that?! Waaaaaaaaaah I'm scared... does IBS make you sick?? I hope not!

I'm a lot calmer about the chicken now! Thankyou for reassuring me!!!

Does IBS affect you a lot, or is it not that major?

xxx Amy xxx

Depending on how bad your ibs it will affect you in different ways as it does to everyone.

If you read up about the ibs symptoms it will say in them that it can make some people sick BUT!!! you need to remember were emets, we have a phobia of this and we do have stronger stomaches than most people, I was scared when I read about that but I have had it for years and have been fine, alot of other people will also point out that they have had the same.

No need to rish to the docs about it, when your there just ask him about it, it doesnt sound to urgent just good that your going to see him anyway and you will have a chance to talk to him about the situation!

Hope you are still doing ok!

x

Thanx Violet,

I'm still quite calm... taken some trusty rescue remedy!

I'm sure if I did have IBS that makes you sick... I would have been sick from it by now. and YES!!! Us emets do have extremely strong stomachs! Thankgod!

Hope you are ok =)

Amy xXxXxXx

I would try some GasX too that stuff is good! i love that stuff.. gotta have it alot! I have IBS too and when i eat fast and when im stressed it flares up bad and i get all bloated and it hurts but a lil gas-x always does the trick. or.. i know this sounds totally lame but lay face down but stick you butt way up in the air above your head.. it releases pressure and gas.. lol YOU might NOT want to do this infront of people but it really does work!

Hope your feeling better!

Kristin

lol thanx! I'll try all of your ideas! perhaps one of them alone... lol.

I hate being bloated, I get bloated at least once a day, so annoying and kinda hurts! Does it hurt anybody else?

xxx