Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

In 2 weeks, I will be flying out to Las Vegas with my parents.

I'm extremely excited because I love to travel, but the emet in me is

starting to get that pit in my stomach of fear and anxiety.

I don't want what happened to me this month over the baseball game how
    I made myself so sick..to the point of not being able to move out of my
    bed...

I've flown before, last in 2002..and it was fine. but since then my
    anxiety has flared up and then gone down. Since then my anxiety just
    starts in my stomach and spreads thru my legs..it's really weird...and
    then my heart goes nuts.

I hate this feeling..

Make sure you keep on telling yourself it's only nerves, drink lots of tea and perhaps go to the pharmacy and get some anti nausea pills. They're a good investment for us emets.
    Also get some Rollaids or something (if that's what they're called in the states) to eas the d* and you should feel a lot better.

Also eating dry bread or toast is good because it absorbs all the excess acid in your stomach that sometimes causes nausea.

Whenever you start to feel uneasy make sure you do what your body want to do, say if it needs fresh air, then it would make you feel a lot better going outside!

I flew to Colorado this past November to see my parents first time on a plane in 6 years. I was a wreck that morning. I took some air sickness medicine even though I probably didn't need it. It made me really tired but it eased my mind at least. I had D* right before we got to the airport had to stop at a McDonalds to go! Hated that! Don't eat very much the day before. Eat some bread before your flight just so you have something in your stomach....you will be fine! You can watch TV on the plane the whole time to keep your mind busy! Best of luck to you!!! Don't stress!!!! I know it is way easier said than done but try to relax and breath!!! Have a wonderful trip and best of luck to you!!!

Christi

I just got back from Vegas in May...that was my 1st trip in over 3 years....I was completly fine!!! I was worried before I went, but when we got done there, I didn't even have time to think about much cause we were always on the move. I even ate very well. Don't let your fear get in your way, just go there and enjoy it...Its so much fun there. And if its the plane ride that's bothering you, just take some dramine with you...