Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: period pain

My period pains are SO painful... they make me feel so so so sick... Last time I had to stand in my garden in a towel with cups of water and tip them over my head to cool me down!!! Otherwise I would have been very close to being sick... They also make me go dizzy which causes a lot of n* and the hot water bottle or having a bathtricks can't be used at the moment because the weather is so hot, I would probably pass out!

I was just wondering if anybody knows any way of calming them down... I have spoken to my doctor but he just advised me to go on the general pill that you take everyday to stop periods altogether... But I'm not so keen as my friend who went on it felt really sick for the first few days. I take feminax but that doesn't kill all of the pain, it just get's rid of the big waves of it. My period is due in a few days and I'm getting nervous...

Any ideas???

Thanx, Love Amy xXxXxXx

Amy,

I am so sorry you have such bad periods. I don't have much advice to offer you except that I truely believe you will not get sick. I really think that we are special people in a way. I have not V* (knocking on wood) for 13 years now. That is not normal. Most people get sick at least once a year. I think we are able to take control over a certain part of our brain to prevent us from actually V*. I think you will be fine in that aspect. I know the pill has worked for many people. My sister takes the pill and she has no symptoms and her period lasts for 3 days....you might want to try it for a month just to see if it works.

Hope you have a EASY period!!! Sometimes it sucks to be a woman

Christi

Yeah it really does suck sometimes... men get it so easy!!!

I think I might try the pill, I'll be brave. I think we can controll it too! My Aunty hasn't been sick for 30 years!!! In that space of time she's had fp and a sv! Lucky lady!
    13 years is amazing to! I'm just coming up to my 7th year! Yesterday I was telling of of my friends about how us lot (emets) don't get sick often and she was amazed that I hadn't been sick for 6, nearly 7 years (touchwood never again for all of us!) so it is a shock to non-emets how long we can go!

Thanx for your post =)

Amy x x x

Hi Amy, I agree with Christi, although you feel dreadful when you get your period, its very unlikely that you will get sick. I suffered for about 5 years with excruciating pain every month, I used to feel that I was going to v* or pass out, then my GP put me on the pill and it's been great for me. I hardly notice any pain at all and I rarely feel sick when I have my period. It's not for everyone, but it's worth a try if nothing else works. M x

Agree with all of the above. I had HORRIBLE pain, d* and n* with my periods, and went on the bc pill, and it was 98% gone. I would reccommend checking into it.

Ok so here's my question...what type of pill would be best as far as n goes...i know they effect people diff...but i think i would benefit from going on them myself....i have such strange periods with lots of n....just wondering what everyone else was on.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I have the pill ready and waiting in my draw (mycrygon or something) BUT I'm too scared to take it because I have heard it can make people n*... this happened to my friend. She wasn't actually sick, but it's just a horrible thing to think about. Plus is it too late to take it now, as my egg has already been released? So it won't stop my period this month, cos it's due on thurseday or friday (waaah I'm scared!!!) xXxXxXxXx

That would be my problem too, i will be so scared to take the damn pill worrying about weather it will make me sick or not...damn i have emet...and i hate being scared....well let me know how it goes for ya....i hope it will be just fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ALWAYS have the worst pain during my periods. But I am way too scared to get on birth control b.c. of the stories Ive heard from other women, about how they feel sick taking them! Even if it didnt make me sick, I would think that it would when I take it and end up feeling sick anyways.
    *Mandi*

Preciselyhow I feel. =( hmph, so difficult being emet.

xxx Amy xxx

Hi Amy, Mandi and Kate - I am on MICROGYNON, have taken it on and off for 15 years and the only side affectI had were headaches for the first few months whilst I got used to the hormones, but they were nothing compared to the pain and discomfort I suffered each month with my period. I never felt sick with the pill and I have a very sensitive stomach and IBS. I also heard that the pill could make you sick, and I was scared, but it didn't happen.

We are all different and our bodies react in different ways to the pill, but it is worth a try. M x

Hey, just my 2 cents, but if you do feel at all nauseated from the pill (I didn't), it goes away after the first month or so and the menstrual nausea is every month. I went on the pill for this reason alone--I missed school one day every month. I'd get cramps so bad I'd break out in cold sweats and one time even passed out. When I was in labor to have my first baby, I kept asking the nurse if she was sure I was in labor 'cause all it felt like was period cramps to me! So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've btdt, and the pill was a godsend.

hth!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Amy, when I was reading your post i genuinly thought it was the post id'
    written a few months back! I'm about to start my period too and I
    experience exactly the same things you listed. Similaly, I have a
    prescription for the Pill but i've been too terrified that it might make me
    v* to bother taking it. I would suggest you choose to take it over a time
    when you know you have a week to relax, in a place you feel safe. My
    friend who said it made her feel n* said as soon as you stop taking it the
    symtoms go away so even if you do feel ill after one pill, the symtoms
    should have gone by the next day

The only advice I can give is during your period eat bland food, nothing
    rich that may upset your tummy. Also, i found feminax to not be that
    great and i much prefer neurofen. I'd say take two as soon as you start to
    feel even the tiniest of pain.

I'm going to try the pill as soon as this period is finished, maybe we
    should take it on the same day and see what happens? haha

Good luck, Fiona

To answer Kate's question, I don't know if one kind is best for period n*. I have been on two kinds, and they both worked equally well for the n* and cramps. The first was Loestrin, and the second was Ortho Tricyclen. This is a bit off-topic, but I find it interesting. After I had my first child, my periods were sooo much better, and I have not been on the bc pill since. Bodies are strange.

Thanks to all who responded to my ?'s......i don't know, maybe one day i will get up the nerve to try them....but since i smoke, and i'm 40 they may not even want me on them anyway.....so i might be out of luck for that reason alone...who knows...i can only ask and see what they say. But thanks for the info, and i'll see what i can find out at the guno!!!!!
    Kate