Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I swear, sometimes I hate my husbands family.

Wed. night, my nephew got sick and threw up. I thought that he was the only one that had gotten sick, but that was not the case. One of my nieces got sick, and my sister in law. Then, yesterday, my monster in law calls and invites us for lunch. My sister in law and her kids where there too, however, at this point, I didnt know anyone else had been sick. As we are about to eat, my sister in law chooses this time to inform us that she cant eat because she has been sick with the virus. Great, huh. Well, I decided to eat anyway, I figured it was my monster in law that cooked it, it should be ok. Anyway, about 5-6 pm yesterday afternoon, my mother in law starts complaining about not feeling good. She said she was nauseous. By this point, I am getting worried. She passed it off as getting too hot or from not taking her heart medicine. She was saying that she was hurting in her chest and her arm too and that she was feeling weak. I should have known to not believe her. It pisses me off so bad for her to lie to me. I know in her way that maybe she thought she was protecting me, but all it does is make me mad ........... I think she owes me the truth. Its crap like this that makes me feel all alone in this world sometimes. My parents are dead, my grandparents are dead, I only have one half-sister that lives two hours from me, whom I am not even close to, and an aunt and uncle, that dont live close to me. I hate that I married into this family, my monster in law is really a bitch, and my sister in law is crazy ............. she does some of the most stupidest s***, and then expects everyone to cater to her. I feel so all alone in this world.

Now I am in worry mode again, I wonder if we will escape this.

Hey hun, so sorry that you are going through this. I can't believe that your mother in law would not have said anything to you before you arrived at the house about other people in the family being ill. It is bad manners to do this.

Do you now if she definitely got sick last night? Even if she got sick, you ate the meal before she had any symptoms, so you should be 100% fine.

Don't let them get you down, they are being really insensitive and selfish and don't deserve to take any space in your thoughts. M x

Im just so mad because she didnt tell me the truth. This family has no manners. This is not the first time she has lied to me about someone or herself being sick.

My youngest daughter has had two episodes of diarrhea this morning, great, huh? I hate this.

Oh geez jennyleigh, I am so sorry you're going through this! I remember other posts where you MIL has done this crap. I would be upset too, mostly for my kids. UGH!!! I hope your daughter is doing ok now. I think alot of us (people in general) have in-law wars! My in-laws are "perfect", who live in "perfect" boston, who have nothing else to do with their live than to OBSESS about the Red Sox. They don't get to know me, where I'm from, or anything. Only THEIR nationality and surroundings are important. I've bent over backwards to be accepted into the family, but all they care about is Boston and Bostonn-related stuff. Also, i am not their nationality (race), so I guess i don't "rate". Eh, who needs them, right? keep your chin up, you'll get through this!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm so sorry, Jennyleigh! I'm sneding healthy vibes your way. I understand about the monster-in-law, I have one, too.

I am sorry you had to go through this. Your MIL should have told you that everyone had been s*. My MIL and SIL have done the same to my family several times.I am sorry you are feeling so alone. I hope your daughter is alright and that everyone else stays well.

UGH! People!I'm sorry this happened, hopefully your daughters d* is just coincidence. Hang in there.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Leigh, I hope everyone is doing well!!!! GOod luck, hang in there and keep us posted!

Oh...that is definately one of my worse fears...being around people who are sick & not knowing it. How dare she not tell u? That's so inconsiderate. I hope all is well with you and your daughter. Please keep us updated. Are u sure they weren't sick from food that she cooked? maybe it's not a virus after all. I'm wishing all good things for u![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Progress not Perfection!

Well, as it turns out, things werent as bad as I thought they were this morning. My ma in law never was nauseous again after that one episode about 5 pm. She didnt continue to be achy and have chills through the night. The when she got up this morning, she had watery diarrhea a few times. My sister in law had the same thing, no nausea or vomiting. I am still ticked off that she didnt tell me they were and had been sick. Im just relieved that vomit was not involved!!!! My daughter who had some diarrhea this morning has been fine the rest of the day.

Thank you all so very much for your kind replies!!!!

Hey .. so im posting a lil late.. but im glad everything is ok!

Man I know what you mean though.. I hate it when ppl lie to me to protect me. For example.. my boss a couple months ago was sick and v*** at work all day long but would not go home!!! ugh.. so she kept saying it was something she ate and that is was food poisoning.. WELL i was NOT convinced.. As usual.. and so i barely ate and only ate my safe foods and washed my hands and sanitized the phones and door handles constently and sure enough in about a weeks time 4 other people at work were sick and v***** and missing work.. and im like YEAH.. food poisioning .. RIGHT... gosh im glad i was so careful! i always am.. but then there is that fear again when the sv comes around again and its passed around my work or the ones i love.. and then i FREAK and become a totally different person. Pretty much starving myself and washing my hands till my skins bout to fall off until i know that the virus has passed... but then again its all in a life and a day for an emet.. everythings ok today.. until anything to do with v*** happens to me .. or anyone around me..

*sigh* oh to be free from this one day..

I am glad things are better and that she wasnt sick!

take care

Kristin