Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Family Feud

I just saw a very disturbing episode of family fued...."Name another word for vomit" I couldn't believe it. Everyone was laughing and having a good time thinking it was funny. I just sat there in absoulte awe. And amazed at all the words we have for vomit. Is this disgusting or what!!??

I dunno, I think thats actually kind of funny.

they are just words... usually silly, funny words.. I mean.. phrases like "toss your cookies" are pretty funny.

I would have laughed at it - sometimes you really have to laugh at yourself to help get over the fear.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I agree with babydoll, it is kinda funny. Who would have thought that "toss your cookies" would be another word for v*.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]wtf... why would they have such a topic?!?!?!? oh my.. that would have disturbed me.. if they only knew how it makes us feel [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

sorry u had to see that..

take care hun

Kristin

That's kind of gross in my opinion. What's next...."Name another word for 'diarrhea'"??!!?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Ewwwww! I personally think talking about v* on a tv gameshow is in poor taste. I like a lot of 'potty humor', but I don't get how people think v* is funny.

Well, it's not funny to us, but to non-emets it probably is very funny....i can see the humor in it...words don't really bother me at all...in fact i would rather here ANYTHING but v****!!!!!!!!!!I would rather here something alittle funnier than the actual real word for it....oh well, we just have to turn channels that are doing something like that...unfortunately we can't control the tv!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Some of the phrases ARE kind of funny--upchuck, hurl, etc. I just disassociate that sort of thing with the actual ACT of doing it.

Funny but totally unacceptable to us EMETS!!! If only people knew this phobia existed, maybe they would feel more sympathetic. Since i became a member here, i've become extremely happy in a strange way that there are people like me...thanx guys for that. Can u believe i had to actually explain to my 2 doctors what the heck emet meant? Unreal!!

Anyway, everyone take care![img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    Progress not Perfection!

Michelle, I saw that too. The family got all 6 words straight out. No strikes or anything. They seemed to have a good time with it. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I actually don't mind that, i try not to associate those words with the actual act because some of them are very funny and out there. But, i can see how that could bother some people. So, if you were bothered, i'm sorry you had to see it!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

See my thing is, I didn't feel sick or anything with it, its just poor humor. Kinda like when I was watching America's Funniest Videos, and they had that little boy projectile v*, and everyone was laughing. What's funny about that? That's gross. Just like Charlene said, is the next time gonna be another word for diarrhea?? Believe me I laugh at everything, and I tell some pretty tasteless jokes, but what is the fun of saying puke, hurl, upschuck, regergitate, or even the word vomit itself.

Yes, the America's Funniest was not funny at all!! Kids think it's funny, though, my daughter, nephew and their friends were making jokes about "it" last week and I was not amused!

there is a big difference between saying " vomit" and seeing vomit on Tv, in my opinion. seeing it is poor taste, while hearing it is just funny.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I would b flipping out if i watched that. I mean, I know it's not their fault because im sure the ppl on the show arent emetophobic, but seriously. Why did they have to do that.