Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What was this??

So last inght I had what It hink was a bad ibs attack, I started to feel n* in the afternoon and waited a while before I ate my dinner, then after it still felt pretty n*, I ate as I thought I hadnt enough in my system and thats what was causing the n*

Then I started to feel as if I couldnt pass the wind in my stomach, it got worse over the next few hours and I started to feel really n*

I went to the toilet twice at like 4 in the morning, something I never ever do..

Then ended up going to the toilet another 6-8 times that night to pee this time, just kept waking up and needing to pee, thing is, it wasnt just a little bit everytime I pee'ed it was alot.

Ive just ate some toast and my stomach is "ok" but not good still.

Im wondering if you think this sounds like ibs to you?

I didnt get to sleep till 6am this morning, thankfull my girlfriend was here to see me through the night but still worried its going to happen again, need maybe eat a bit more to see.

What do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Violet.. first off im sorry hun..

I hope you feel better soon! I have IBS but its more d* and cramps than anything. Sometimes i feel like im gonna have d* with horrible cramps when im stressed but then i try to go and im constipated.. thats what IBS is like. And i get real bloated alot and stomach aches and im kind of used to it. I get n* when im stressed more so or when i eat something that is too greasy or if its too hot outside too.. that makes me n*

i dont know though.. it could just be stress.. heck i have sooooo many stomach problems all the time that i dont even know anymore. i know alot of it IS caused by anxiety. The more anxiety you have and the more you stress the more upset your stomach will be. I learn this the hard way!

Sorry im not much help.. im sorry hun!

take care

Kristin

Unfortunelty it does sound alot like ibs to me....i have it, and have had it for over 20 yrs...and the sad thing is, and i hate to say it, but i have had to just learn to live with all my symptoms....i've tried many diff. meds for ibs..and none of them really work that well for me. It may be diff. for you though. Have you been to the doc to be diagnosed? If not, then you should, b/c there are alot of things that can seem like ibs and they are not....so it's best to be seen by a doc. to rule out anything else that might be serious. Ibs sucks, no doubt about it, but like i said, i have just learned to deal with it, and i always know what to expect, usually, and so i have adjusted my life to it.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Maybe IBS, or it also sounds like a possiblle Urinary Tract Infection?? Does it hurt when you pee, and do you feel like you have to pee all the time to the point that it's painful??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Nope, thats the thing, It doesnt hurt when I pee or before it really.

Ive had one before and I did pee alot but with last night it wasnt as if I was peeing a little it really was alot everytime I went and it wasnt like I had drank alot either.

Oh, then maybe it isn't a UTI (ewww I hat those!!).

How are you now?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah, it would be alot of diff. things....but i know with my anxiety....which is pretty bad sometimes, i pee ALOT too....especially when i am nervous about something...it's like my body just empties itself out on it's own....weather it be pee or # 2 it comes out for sure....so i don't know if it's part of ibs or not...the peeing so much...i think it might be somehow related, who knows.....just go get checked out so you'll know for sure!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Its true what Kate said--nerves can also makke you pee alot.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hope you feel better!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thankx for the reply guys!!

just ate some nanbreads and soup, just something plain..

still feel like I need to pee..

I am under a bit of stress and pressure at the moment so maybe its not helping it either.

Il try get a docs appointment in the morning and see what he says about it.

Lets hope tonight is going to be alot better than last night!

Thankx again!

x

I had exactly the same pee0ing problem at exactly the same time last night. It was wierd. As soon as I had peed and got back into bed, I'd need to go again...not a little amount either...

I've had it before so I didn't worry, but the first time I ever had it I didn't know what was going on!

Don't worry about it. You'll be fine,

Amy xxXxxXxxXxx

I was up and down all night last night too....but that's cos I had too much to drink..[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!

Anyway, I went to the doctor's once because I needed to pee like 5 times an hour...but there was nothing wrong, just anxiety and stress. The thing is, when you start thinking that you're going more often, then you start to go more and more - it's that damn vicious circle again.

I'm sure everything is fine.