Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: does feeling full make you anxious?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • feeling full makes me anxious

34 53.97%
  • feeling full does not make me anxious

9 14.29%
  • feeling full sometimes makes me anxious

20 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hi,

I just had an awesome yummy dinner but now I feel too full. And now I am anxious. Whenever I feel full, I get anxious. Its close to being an emet case. Its all about stomach issues.

So to relax quickly after eating, to avoid a panic attack, I took .50 xanax and some vodka.

Do others feel this way?

Flee

I feel like this EVERYTIME. It's so annoying, I also get blaoted which makes me think that I have food poisening then it leads of to a million other things to do with being sick, and about 20mins later, the majority of it's digested and I feel fine... Silly anxiety.

Hope you aren't feeling too anxious.

xxx

I get like this only in restaurants. It's happened to me twice in the last 2 months. Not a pleasant experience. Glad you're feeling better though.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

If Im having a bad IBS night and im not feeling comfortable or with my partner my anxiety will become very high with feeling full, its an awful feeling as I do like to know my stomach has had enough in it but then on the other hand this feeling just takes over

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I voted sometimes because i hardly ever get full. I don't eat enough. But i always get anxious when i eat! In restaurants, people's homes, etc...

Emet is a terrible thing![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Progress not Perfection!

hey mr moose

i just got back from walking my dog-if you dont eat much, have you lost weight?

sometimes i can be full and not feel anxious but most the time not.. as long as i dont over do it..

i agree with everyone else though.. its definately worse in restaruants and other peoples homes.. i can be full from a meal at home though and be ok..

I used to not eat hardly anything as i was scared of being full, then i relised, its better if you have something in your stomach..if you were going to v* as it would be painfull and a lot worse..

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Depends on the situation really, but only if i feel bad otherwise then fullness scares me...if i feel good, and don't feel like anything's really wrong with me, i am fine with feeling full. It's weird!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

lol i guess i'm the only one where feeling full does not make me anxious...it just makes me feel like i should stop eating.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I hate feeling full too. It freaks me out.
    *Mandi*

Hi mates,

Excuse me if this question sounds quite stupid but, why do you feel anxious about being full ?

Again, sorry if this question sounds inappropriate[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img].

Thank you all!

O.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

Because if you feel really full, then some might expect to be sick from being so full.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

feeling full def makes me anxious, i often eat up until the point when i feel full, i'd rather leave a bit of my dinner than finish it all and feel too full.

Sometimes yes, but only if I am very full.
    You only live once