Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It's sooooo hard to have emet and suffer from IBS? Anyone else agree. I don't know if my d* is a bug or just my IBS. So then I go into panic thinking about all the bad stuff that can happen! Not only that but when I panic I get more d* and n*. Oh it's terrible. Like I posted earlier that my son may be sick, when he got sick I started to panic (of course it all sets in after I get him cared for) then I run to the bathroom, and panic even more cause I'm not sure if I am sick or it's just my IBS triggered by my panic attac. Oh it's so frustrating. So who all here suffers from both emet and IBS?
    *kim

Me! I can so relate to your post.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Same here, ibs really does suck sometimes, as you don't know whether your really ill, or ibs, but i can normally tell when its my ibs..

Ruth x
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely I do have both...and have had both for over 20 yrs!!!!!!!!! It sucks...b/c one feeds the other!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can totally relate.......
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

both here too

I have both too.

Me too!!!!!! Not sure which came first, probably emet.....over 20 years of having both now. M x

I kinda do, but kinda don't! I've only ever had one IBS attack in my life, and that was when I was under severe emotional stress a few months ago. Now I seem to be OK [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I'm just working on keeping my anxiety down!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

i have both aswell

I have both, but the IBS is pretty mild, for which I am very thankful! Still tho sometimes it can suck when it is acting up some.

I too have ibs... fun times.. not really though. I always get d* when i am stressed. I am used to it

I too have IBS and it sucks so bad. I never know when it's going to come on. I could be anywhere, and it just happens. I can usually tell though if it's IBS or an sv. Yes, it stinks. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I don't have IBS but lately I have had acid reflux. We all seem to have the same reaction when ANYTHING is wrong with our stomach we think we may v*.

The best thing we can do is to educate ourselves about our physical problems and understand it doesn't all lead to sickness. Of course that's easier said than done. Good Luck! and keep coming back to the forum ,it's a huge help.

Wow that's alot of you! I have acid reflux too, I lay down and this 'sizzle' comes up my throat. Oh sooo gross! Are ya'll on meds for the IBS? I was on Levbid, but have to go back the the dr for a refill, I haven't been on it for months. I was also on welbutrin.

*kim

i also have acid reflux...i take 2 prilosec a day for that....then i take Digestive Advantage for my ibs...it helps alot. I buy it at Walmart for 8.00 a box of 30. I don't take anything by perscription for ibs....i have something but i never take it..it's for the pain of D...which i just don't use the stuff b/c mine is not all that painful really, just annoying. But anyway, i've been on levbid too, but it didn't work for me at all.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

gotem both! Yippppeeee!

Hi Kim, I tried various meds for years to ease the IBS symptoms, but in the end changing what I ate, trying to reduce stress and taking lots of exercise (not always easy!)were the only things that worked. I have learnt how to handle IBS now and probably only get sypmtoms every few weeks now rather than every day.M x

Both for me too! But IBS is said to be an anxiety realted disorder...so it makes a lot of sense that so many of us emets have it! It still sucks though!

And me!!

Oh the joys of IBS & EMET joined together as one!!! The torture to an emet of having d* & then wondering gee am i sick w/sv or fp or ibs or just going crazy!! I am worried all of the time about the v* part of any illness that I'm a pro at d*!! LOL!!
    Progress not Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by mars
    Hi Kim, I tried various meds for years to ease the IBS
    symptoms, but in the end changing what I ate, trying to reduce stress and
    taking lots of exercise (not always easy!)*were the only things that worked.* I
    have learnt how to handle IBS now and probably only get sypmtoms every
    few weeks now rather than every day.*M x*</font>
    What changes
    did you make to your diet exactly?

Its funny because they say that they have no idea what cause IBS...I do!! Its stress and anxiety!! Also poor diet and no exercise can add to it for sure. They say that the SSRIs help a lot...I know this first hand, paxil cr helped me tons. I hardly had any IBS symtoms while I took it. I think that if we treat the stress and anxiety, the IBS gets a lot better. Wish that I knew exactly how to do that!! It is definately a pain though, but can be debilitating too. I totally relate to everyone here as far as that goes!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Hi Fifitrixibelle, I excluded Wheat, Dairy, Sugar and Processed foods for about 18 months, but it didn't help that much really and I just lost lots of weight, but still had IBS symptoms. I found when I started eating normally, and including a bit of everything in my diet, my symptoms got better. I now eat a healthy diet, but I still eat crisps and chocolate, just in moderation. There are still certain foods that I cannot eat as they make me really ill like beans! I eat lots of fruit and veggies but not much meat.

All of our bodies are different and its so hard to find out what triggers IBS, stress and anxiety are biggies for me too! M x

Me, too! Me, too! I hate it!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Me me!

What exactly is IBS? I think I might have it too. Can anyone explain it better to me?
    *Mandi*

I have suffered from IBS for several years now, anyway, about 8 weeks ago (after loosing over 14lbs by walking home fore lunch) i decided to alter my diet, I cut out completely bread, pasta, pizza and fizzy drinks (my diet really) and aside from loosing more weight (Im a sexy voluptuous girl, - well thats what my hubby says)Ive lost weight, skin looks good and I have had very few isues with my bum (if you know what I mean) altho I still havew the emet thing going on my stomach and bowels are much improved!!!

Sometimes I think we rely on simple food like bread and pasta too much (simple, notmuch taste etc) Well anyway Ive now lost 28lbs in weight and only want to lose anpther 28lbs to get to me "happy" weight!!!

I hate to say it, but suprisingly not all emets are skinny!!!

Hope Ive not offended anyone

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]