Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So much for escaping this bug. Its 4:30 am where we live and my son is just now laying back down from v'ing in his bed. He came to our bedroom crying with his stomach hurting and he had just v'd in his bed. He cried for almost 20 mins after he got sick with his stomach hurting. He seems fine now. He says he feels much better ........... we shall see. When my niece and nephew had this earlier in the week, the only v'd once and then were fine, so I hope the same happens to him. I wonder if the diarrhea my youngest daughter had last night and Mon. morning was this bug. She was complaining with her stomach hurting too. My oldest daughter and I had plans to go with a friend of mine and her daughter to a water park tomorrow .......... well today, seeing as how its Tues. morning here. I dont know what to do about that yet. I would be scared to death of her getting ill while we are there.

Ughhhhhh, I just hate this!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really sorry this is happening to you, I hope it is just a one-off event and your son settles. Your daughter could have had the same thing, who knows, these bugs affect us all differently. Don't write off the water park yet, give it some time and see how things go. Your daughter is older, this may well pass her by.

Hope you're coping OK

Awww suze, thank you sooo much, Its so good to "see" you here. I hope it does pass her by. We shall see.

You're welcome, and I hope you get some sleep soon, you must be tired. Why do these things always happen at night? Is your son still up?

I'm sorry your son is not feeling well. I hope he is soon feeling better and that you are o.k.

He has been fine through the rest of the night and is still sleeping now. I managed to get a few more hours myself, Im still tired though ..............

I just woke my oldest daughter and she says she feels fine, so I am going to be brave and go ahead with our plans for today. I hope this doesnt bite me in the butt!!!!

I am glad you are still going ahead with your plans. I hope your son wakes up feeling much better.

Leigh.....oh my goodness.....i don't know what to say except you know I am here for you. I am so sorry that happened to your little boy...and you!!!!!!!!!!!! The water park sounds so fun...i hope you still get to go...and that your daughter will be fine....let me know soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

hope all is well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow.. I'm sorry. You sound like you are managing things okay, though. And that's great that you decided to go ahead with your plans. I hope you and your daughter have a great time.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Jenny,

I'm so sorry for the 4am episode. It's the thing us emet Moms fear worst isn't it? At least he only threw up once. I hope you and your daughter have a great time at the water park. Try not to worry, most sv's hit in the middle of the night so not much worries for the afternoon at the waterpark.

Steph

Leigh, I am so sorry!! You have had a bad summer!!! Yuck!! I hope everyone is well and that you have a wonderful time today!!!

My oldest daughter and I went ahead with our plans and had a great time. I am proud of myself for going. It was nice to be gone for while and not have deal with things here at home, I know that sounds selfish, but I hope you guys understand how Im feeling.

My son did throw up one more time this morning, then he was fine. Well, he played around some and took a good nap. He didnt eat all day until this afternoon though, but he had been drinking.

Thank you all so much for being here!!!!

Leigh, you are so calm and nonchalant--you have absolutely done wonderfully!! I hope I can be as good as you the next time one of my kids does IT!!!!

I only seem calm, on the inside I am freaking out some, I just meant that this crap was not going to get the best of me today. My daughter and I had these plans, and she deserves some mommy time without the little ones tagging along. So I am trying to keep my freaking out to myself .............. a melt down may be eminent!!!! What I am really worried about is a trip that my husband and I may have to make this Thurs. His brothers lives up in Ohio, and has recently seperated from his wife and well, she has started some crap with him, and he is ready to come back to Georgia ........... so we will have to go and help him move. Normally, I wouldnt mind the trip, actually, it would be kinda nice seeing as how the children wouldnt be going with us ............. BUT with this stomach bug having hit our house this week, I am scared to death to go. I mean, its a 10 hour drive atleast ............. stuck in my hubbys truck. I want to go with my husband because I hate for him to go by himself, but I would be sooooooo afraid of him or me getting sick, and then there we are stuck and so far from home. I dont know what to do. ((((SIGHS))))

So sorry this has happened! I hope everyone else stays well!

You know Jenny, if you like the idea of the trip you should have the same attitude as you had with the water park - stick two fingers up to this phobia and go!

I think you should go on the trip to. It will help you relax and get your mind off of things. I think you and your husband will be fine.

I want to go on this trip, but thats along way to be from home and someone get sick. I think the reason it was easier to go ahead with our plans yesterday was because it wasnt too far from home. I still havent given up on going with my husband, we wouldnt have to leave until tomorrow (Thurs.) morning, so I still have a little time to decided. I will definately let you all know!!!!

Thanks Again!!!!

Hope all is well now....you know, I have been hearing about sv's still going around!!! Isn't that strange for summertime? Does that mean they are worse strains? I get really freaked about this. In fact, right now I have a horrible sinus infection....in the summer! What does it all mean???</font>

I don't know what it all means, but it can't be good ya know. It sucks....b/c it seems to never have a dry spell....a time when we can relax.....IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Good luck Jenny, I do hope all works out the way you want it to! Good job, for handlinng things the way you have so far!! Your family is in my thoughts and I do hope you are all doing great today!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~