Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Heat

Is anyone else getting intense heat? Here in Boston we're getting TONS of heat, or at least it's extremely hot for New England. Today it's 92* Farenheight, but it's so muggy that it feels like 103*. And tomorrow, it's supposed to be 110* Farenheight!! There are all these warnings out, like for how tires might blow because of the heat. Is anyone else getting intense heat now?

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

yup same here.

lets GET OUT of boston.

ergh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is no hotter here than it usually is... we are running in the mid-upper 90s in the deep south. Heat index usually around 105-110. It seems like the heat is moving farther north than normal this summer.
    Tiffanator

I'm in Toronto and right now it feels like 45 Celsius today!

Yep- blazing hot in Ottawa too. With the humidex, it went up to 48C....and I dont have A/C, so we're dying here.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah its hotter than blue blazes here (New York State). Even with AC I feel all sticky and gross, and have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything!

Cleveland sucks, too. The humidity is what is really bothering me. Today was in the mid 90's.
    \"This too shall pass\"

It was freakin 107 last week in the San Francisco area! I am across the Golden Gate in Marin. We never, ever get that hot. No one has air conditioning. Yeesh. But luckily it has gone down into the 80's this week. Much better. I hope it cools down for everyone else too!

--Kim

Haha, I'm in PA. Here everyone on the news is practically screaming "HEAT ALERT! STAY INDOORS! HIDE THE CHILDREN! AHHHHH!". But seriously, yes it is a concern especially for the elderly. I am hoping everyone is alright in the US suffering with this and that the death tolls from this are low.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Finally broke here close to the Vancouver area 3 days ago. It was over 100 and humid to boot. In the valley here it was nasty hot. Ugh will be so glad when its over I am not one of those fans of the heat. Its down to a nice warm with a light breeze. Ahhhh
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Also in NY. The air was so thick, it was kind of hard to breathe x_o Too bad I have to go out tomorrow.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Quote Originally Posted by wing
    Also in NY. The air was so thick, it was kind of hard to breathe x_o Too bad I have to go out tomorrow.

I know! In the city it gets soo hot and muggy and...thick, cause of all the exhaust and stuff. hope it gets better for everyone!

&lt;3 Anya--

I was in Chicago over the weekend and the heat index was 110. We were on an open-air trolley down Michigan Avenue and the driver said it was 120 onboard. We traveled to and from there by train and Union Station was packed--I mean PACKED--and had to be at least 90 inside even with the a/c. I took pictures to email to the Chicago F.D. All the exits were blocked, aisles, etc. I was grumpy! We're back home in Michigan now where it's still a humid 95.A lot of people don't have a/c where we live because usually when it's hot during the day it cools down at night for sleeping. It's barely gotten under 80 at night the last couple of nights.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Wow! It's been pretty cool here in Belingham, WA. It as in the 80's for a few weeks, but the last few days have been in the 70's.

I'm in Windsor, Ontario and this is supposed to be the last day of this heat. It got up to 98* F yesterday!! I hope we get some rockin' thunder storms when the cold air comes in!!!

I'm in Connecticut. It was brutal yesterday like walking in and out of oven anytime you went outside. It was around 103 here yesterday with the heat index. Today felt much worse in the morning. We had a bad storm in this area yesterday and a lot of people on the shoreline of CT lost power and still don't have it back on.

Wow, Mommy of 3, you were right in my neighborhood! I am in the Chicago suburbs and VERY hot! The past two days it got over 100 and I think today is only supposed to be 95! Ugh. I hate it so much. It makes me feel yucky and I get really crabby! Tomorrow the high is in the 70's, though! Yay!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

It's hot here in NC too, it's supposed to be like 95 today with the heat index of 105....so it feels like an oven to walk outside.....air very think and heavy...hard to breathe.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

In Paris, we had a very hot weather the last 2 weeks but now, it's pretty cool like 20-25° Celsius.
    Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

im in washington and its finally cooler here.. but about over a week ago it was constently nearly 101 degrees for 5 days.. it got old fast especially since in WA none of the homes have AC AND the AC in my car had JUST gone out.. go figure.. i actually enjoyed working.. because of the AC.. but now its cooler.. in the mid 70's .. i am glad.. hope u all get some relief soon too!

Right now it's 108 F!I was waiting for a train for half an hour and nearly died...so glad to be home with Central Air!

&lt;3 Anya--

Im in Cleveland Ohio and it is pure hell here. I think it got up to 100 degrees yesterday and its even worse today. I hate this weather! Not to mention it makes me nauseas! I really hate it! There is no relief in site either! Im praying our a/c doesnt go out.
    *Mandi*

Our heat finally broke with some spectacular thunderstorms here in Toronto tonight.

Crimgoddess, did you get any tornados your way? I heard they were headed to Ottawa.

Happyteacher- we are on tornado watch at the moment. The sky turned completely blue/black right before sundown (wikked storm clouds), and now we are having some really weird lightening that seems to be coming from about 6 different directions at once.

I'm not all that worried where I am, but I suspect that when I turn on the news in the morning some trailer park in the Ottawa valley would have been hit. They seem to be a tornado magnet, lol.

At least the humidity is decreasing.....it was horrible last night- it was 97F inside our apartment (our digital fan takes the temp). The poor kitties...

*amber*

ugh, another blazing hot day in new york. i can't take it anymore! but i guess anything is better than winter! hope everybody is keeping cool[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state