Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: does anxiety make u focus more on emet?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, when i am anxious, i focus more on v

45 90.00%
  • sometimes

2 4.00%
  • no, there is no assoc btw anxt & emet

3 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hi, when I am more anxious, I think I focus on emet more. I guess they go together.

In the last few years my stressful job caused me a lot of anxiety.

In the last 10 years my parents' rejection of me being gay has caused me a lot of anxiety. My partner and I are having a commitment ceremony next month and I am petrified my parents will find out and disown me again. They reacted really badly when I came out 10 years ago. S

o I feel this worry, anxiety is subconsciously making me focus on emet. Flee

I always have panic attacks when im aound v** or it affects me in any way.

I have panic attacks too. When i'm anxious about anything i feel n*.

The part of my body most effected when I am anxious is my stomach with churning, knotting sensations which lead to nausea, hence my emet gets worse at these times.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Flee- I am so sorry that your parent's reacted that way. I congradulate you in your commitment ceremony. It really irks me the way families disown their own children, bro's, sis's, etc. would they do the same if you were mentally disabled? if you had cancer? etc.? probly not. at least you know that you are commiting to someone who will always be there for you and always be part of your family, no matter what happens! and i agree, emet and anxiety go hand in hand, mostly because anxiety feels like nausia which brings to thought being sick.

When someone around me is v*ing I have a panic attack and my anxiety kicks in which in turn makes me feel sick. So its a vicious circle.

Yeah I don't really have anxiety unless i'm feeling nauseous or unwell or think someone around me is going to V*. I don't really get anxiety about other things so I don't know what to put in that poll - if i'm anxious or worried about something else, it probably take my mind off Emet. Odd that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

No, I don't think so. Actually if I am very nervous about something, I
    forget my emet for a little while. Those days are to live for..
    You only live once