Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i cant seem to get on with life because of emet.
    I'm 13 years old and im terrified of life. I'm dont have a terrible fear of myself vomiting because i pretty much learned how to control myself and calm myself down when i feel sick. but seeing others makes me grind my teeth,start to shake,get nauseas,and feel like i have to flee the room. I just got back from a 4 day camp. And i was terrified if someone said they had a hurting stomach or even had a sour expression on there face. I would always check people to make sure they werent over eating so they wouldn't get sick. I made it home without seeing anyone vomit. but i was so terrified.
    Next week I'm taking a trip with my family to Wisconsin and im so scared that someone near me on the plane will throw up. That happened last year to me and i just about passed out.
    Also school starts soon and im so dreading it. Each year dreads by with me having to face the school bug. Again i never worry about me getting it as much as others getting it. I feel locked up in school and when someone v* i cant get out. i have to endure it. I cant go on with my life like this. My parents know i have it but dont do anything about it. && i really dont want to have to watch videos of people throwing up in therapy. How do you cure emotiphobia?

please answer ----- [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    </font></span></font>

Hey hun.. my heart goes out to you because i was about your age when it started to get really bad! and i didnt really tell my parents.. well i did later but they never really understood how i really felt. Even to this day I dont think they do and i know that my freinds sure dont!

I have had this phobia for over 12 years .. i am now 25 years old and still live in fear every day. I wish that there was a super cure that I could share with you. I am currently going to therapy right now and I feel so ready after all these years to try to conquer this that I would be willing to watch videos at this point however i know that my psychologist will not MAKE me do anything until i am ready to so you need not fear about that. Maybe you should talk about emet with your parents.. have them look at this site.. and the explanation of what it is and talk with them to maybe go get some help.. ?

In the mean time.. we are all here for you! Talking about your anxiety and emet phobias seem to help me some when i need someone to talk that understands.. and its soooo nice because for sooooo sooo long no one has ever understood what i am going through..

please feel free to send me a message if you ever need to talk about anything!

stay strong.. i know its hard.. but you are SURE NOT alone in this!

Take care !!

Kristin

thankyou!

i just flew on the plane today. thank God that no one threw up.

Of course if someone did, i think i'd be okay because my dad was there so that makes me feel better.

&lt;3

When I was younger, like in elementary school.. anytime another child was sick.. I freaked. Ran out of the classroom screaming and crying. Now that I am older(in my 20s), I do not freak out as much.. but if someone is sick around me I quietly leave the room until things have calmed down. I still am shook up after it.

Glad to hear that your father can comfort you, I'm sure that will help in the long run!