Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my aunt and her boyfriend have been living in our guest house for a few months now until their house is finished being built. she's a social worker at a correctional facility for teens and she's been exposed to a lot of strange illnesses since she started working there. besides for a cold here or there, she's never gotten sick. well, she was casually telling my mom a few days ago that three of the kids in one of the support groups that she leads and is in very close contact with,have a sv*, v*ing, fever, etc. naturally, i freaked out. she doesn't live in MY house but she eats dinner with us most nights and spends a lot of time with us. well, she caught the sv*. she was v*ing all day and thinks she has a fever. and surprisingly, i'm okay with it! the last i saw of her was sunday night. i'm not really sure when she was last in my house or around my parents or my sister, and i'm kind of too embarassed to ask! i don't want them to think i'm completely insane. lol. i'm a little bit anxious and nervous but i'm definitely a lot more relaxed than i've ever been in a situation like this. maybe i'm on the path to success! i have a feeling it's going to take a lot more time to completely rid myself of my emet though! but i owe a lot to all of you, hearing your triumphant stories always makes me feel better[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

kristina
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

wow! great job! your ahead of me..

I hope that someday i can share the same kind of story but right now in my life.. still learning about this.. i would still be in my freaking out mode and starving myself and washing my hands and sterilizing everything!

Great job hun! congrats.. thats wonderful!

Kristin

well done !!! thats a great step !! keep on with the good work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks!! unfortunately as soon as it was time to go to bed and i wasn't distracted it got a little bit worse because i started thinking about it, but i survived the night!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Well done Blondie!!

Pleease let us know how you're doing!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

good going!! I find that if i tell myself to relax, i get more nervous & panicky!! Good 4 u for being calm.[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    Progress not Perfection!

well she stopped in my house this morning before she went to work. she still looked kind of sick, very tired, and she definitely was not being herself. she hasn't v*ed since yesterday and her fever went down enough that she felt okay to go to work. i was a little nervous being around her and after she left i went outside and tanned by my pool to get out of my germy house, but i didn't really panic! what's weird is that, if this were to happen in the winter, it would have been a nightmare. i'm like a different person in the summer than i am in the winter when it comes to my emet. is anybody else like this? thanks again for the kind words!

kristina

That's awesome Kristina. That is a big step.

I am the same way as you said that if it was winter, I would feel totally paranoid if I were around someone w/ a SV. But in the summer, I tend to worry less. It so strange!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.