Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Women

anyone heard from Amber yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im sure amber is still in the hospital...she just went in yesterday morning!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Quote Originally Posted by loveable101
    so this is to any women on here that have already had babies or are pregnant...i am a little concerned with post partdum depression after my little one arrives...i have already done pretty good about getting off of most of my meds and i really dont want to have to up them after she comes but i really do fear for post partum..i want my little one to get all the attention she deserves and i cant be worrying about myself... especially if i am panicing more and having more anxiety!! any advice??
    Hi there!!
    I think that many women have postpartum depression after delivering, but it's usually very mild and nothing to worry about. There are huge hormone changes after giving birth, but I haven't known any women who've had really severe cases of depression. I was a little depressed after I had my son, but it wasn't so debilitating that I couldn't function. Mine was mostly due to my son's father, who was a jerk, and the fact that I was almost 85 pounds overweight and feeling awful.
    Still, there are ways you can try to stop it before it gets out of hand. First of all, ask for help when you need it! I made the mistake of thinking I was superwoman, and felt like a failure when I couldn't do it all. It's tough with a newborn, and help is definitely needed. Also make sure you get enough sleep--kind of hard, but sleep when the baby sleeps. Trust me on this one! Talk and commiserate with some other moms out there, and make sure to get some time out of the house. A good thing for me was to make sure I showered and got dressed every day--when I looked awful (which I usually did in my sweatpants!) I felt 10 times more awful. Just putting on a little makeup made me feel better.
    If you really have concerns you should definitely ask your OB/GYN--they should be able to ease your mind and make you less anxious.
    Try not to worry about it so much--most women handle it perfectly fine and I'm sure you will as well.
    Hope this helps!!

it does thank you so much!! i was just concerned because my girlfriend has a 2wk yr old and has all sorts of panic attacks and just starts crying for no reason...she feels like she cant help her son when he cries or fusses and she has horrible anxiety and panic too..so i figured it does vary per person but i figured i would just ask and get opinions...i really appreciate it!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Thank you all for your wishes!!! It was about a 6 hour labor which is great for a first baby. She is gorgeous. McKenna is 6pounds 6ounces and 19inches. We had a scare that put her in the NICU for 2 days. She had a loose knot in cord while in womb then when she decended during labor it was pulled tight to the point where it cut off all blood and oxygen and her cord tore. Doctor said she could have died and it is the tightest knot he has seen. She is our little miracle. I will post pics when I have a chance. Thank you all for all your love and support.

Amber

AWWW!!! CONGRATULATIONS AMBER and HUBBY!!!!

Welcome to the world McKenna!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

YAY! I'm so happy for you Amber! I can't wait to see pictures!

GLAD YOU MADE IT HOME SAFE AND SOUND!! </font>Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Congratulations! It is such a wonderful experience, isn't it? She is almost exactly the same size Kayla was when she was born. Enjoy every minute of it - you won't believe how fast they grow and change. I'm glad everything turned out alright. That sounds really scary. 6 hours is great though! That's about how long mine was too. We should consider ourselves very lucky! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

congratulations. can't wait to se some pictures.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Congratulations, can't wait to see your lovely little girl!! xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Welp...went to the doctor today and she said everything is great as of now. Blood pressure not to much higher than normal still, so that is a good sign of not getting toxemia..well atleast im crossing my fingers that I dont get it!! Although I have extra swelling and I am a little dehydrated so that could be bad...I will start having 2 appts a week just to keep a close eye on everything for the last couple weeks!! I am 50% effaced and almost dilated to 1cm..its close enough so I am just saying 1cm. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] As of now I should be right on track...yah for me...Im almost done!! Anything can happen though, so im just going to continue relaxing and taking care of myself!! My nesting time has come so my house is getting pretty clean..LOL!! I hope all of you are also doing well!! Ill keep you posted!! Take care!! Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Congratulations, Amber!!!

And loveable... I hope you stay well until delivery. I've had pre-eclampsia (toxemia) and had no idea there was anything wrong! Take care of yourself and relax as much as possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer

And loveable... I hope you stay well until delivery. I've had pre-eclampsia (toxemia) and had no idea there was anything wrong! Take care of yourself and relax as much as possible!!
    thank you...I will do that as much as I can...trust me..LOL [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Oh wow Amber congrats!! I've been wondering how you are doing, and was looking around for a thread saying you had her lol. Aww I'm glad it went okay, and that she made it fine despite the scare. Ooo pics would be nice when you get the chance (lol no pressure!). Take care and enjoy baby McKenna!

congratulations! now just rest and give mckenna a lot of love, and take pictures! i'm sure she's gorgeous!!!

A Few Pictures.

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/DEF_DSCN1592.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/E14_DSCN1595.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/41A_DSCN1603.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/49Z_DSCN1600.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/2DE_DSCN1597.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/898_DSCN1606.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/alwaysamber/321_DSCN1607.JPG[/img]

(Ok, maybe more then a few...she is just so adorable!)

Oh my gosh, the cutest cutest little girl EVER!!! She is beautiful, congratulations to you and your husband. Eeeeeek she's so damn gorgeous! x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

She is GORGEOUS!!! Enjoy every moment with her!

congratulations she is beautiful !! xxx

She's BEAUTIFUL! look at those little toes!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

She's beautiful! And so tiny! Enjoy every minute, take lots of pictures, because they get big SOOO fast!

She is so cute.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

awww she is so precious.. congrats again!!!

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Congratulations, Mom!!!! She is beautiful!

she is precious! I could just eat her up!!!

JUST PRECIOUS!! YOU NEED TO CATCH A PICTURE WITH HER BEAUTIFUL EYES OPEN!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    THIS MAKES ME EVEN MORE EXCITED FOR MINE... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

AWWWW Amber, your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!</BLOCKQUOTE>
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Aww she is a little doll!!! You must be so proud!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Very precious, congratulations!