Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Women

I thought it would be nice to start a little off topic post for the pregnant women on here. Thought it would be nice to keep in touch and keep each other updated and be able to chat and compare stories! I know there are quite a few! I am currently in my 27th week in the third trimester. Feeling quite huge and getting NO sleep. Agh.

I am 19 1/2 weeks (the half is very important to me!) and getting fatter by the day. I am also not sleeping very well and eating like a horse to try and stop the nausea. I can't wait to have my baby but I won't be having anymore.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Ah, you think you are not getting sleep now...sorry to say but it gets sooo much worse in the 3rd trimester!

Thats the worst thing. Knowing it's only going to get worse!!!

Take care,

Hayley

I am now about 9 weeks with my third child. I have been pretty N* this past week, 24 hours a day. With my first, I didn't experience this at all, but with my second I was so sick I ended up in the hospital a few times. I hope it doesn't get any worse, as I am a school teacher and school starts next week!!!!!!!!!

BandNerd
    BandNerd

yah for me!! i just hit my 3rd trimester!! 27 weeks and wow i cant wait for it to be over!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

just bumping this up so that any of the newly pregnant emet mums to be can add their posts if they want to.

I am now 25 weeks - 15 weeks to go YAY!

Well a quick update on me...I am 34 weeks and I must say..I am MISERABLE!! Those of you in your second trimester...DONT take it for granite. The third trimester is just as hard as the first in different ways. I feel horribly sick again. Lots and lots of nausea, sore everywhere, headaches..NO sleep. Ah, having a really difficult time here. I can't wait for this to be over. This is my most busy trimester getting nursery together...all the childbirth classes, baby shower, etc. Not sure how I am going to make it through!!! I just can't wait to see my beautiful baby girl!!! I sure hope she is early!!
    Amber

To all of you~~~~~~~

Congratulations and I wish you all happy, safe births!!!!

Hang in there --- you can do it!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm only just 10 weeks... HATING IT! Everyone's saying the morning sickness gets less after 12 weeks- i can't wait!

I was really sensitive to smells before i got pregnant, now i'm practically gagging at everything. My boyfriend told me he was going to make garlic bread. So before he did,iopened every window, and i closed thedoor of the room he was in so i wouldn't be able to smell it. I went down the opposite end of the house, and tried to go to sleep. I ended up being able to smell it so much that i had to stick my head out the window, and couldn't sleep for hours until he got all the smell out. I screamed at him for being selfish lol

Kayla

I'll join the pregnant emet club. LOL I took an at home test this week
    that ended up being positive. I'll confirm it with my doctor sometime
    this week. I'm guessing that I'm between 4 and 5 weeks along. Congrats
    to everybody!!!

I'm now boasting 14 weeks! I feel much better, however still a bit n*. I get to find out the sex in 2 weeks, and I can't wait. This was a totally unplanned pregnancy, but I'm getting into it now.

Good luck to everyone!

BandNerd
    BandNerd

Kayla- Having aversions to smells is awful. I was just like you.....pre-pregnancy I had a GREAT nose, could smell any and everything...then when I got pregnant I swear people cooking would drive me insane. Still can't eat some of the same foods now because of it. I can't tell you how close to becoming sick I would get at times with certain smells. I kept a fan on 24-7. That will get a lot better though...that is just through the morning sickness stage. Some things that may help you with smells would be to put some vicks vapor rub under your nose....you could try that. Your morning sickness may or may not get better at the 12 weeks so just beware. For me honestly didn't really get a whole lot better until 15-20 weeks. I know you don't want to hear that but it will get better but not necessarily at the 12 week mark. Most women are lucky for it to go away that soon. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing well.

amber

How exciting bandnerd...what are you leaning towards? You are lucky to find out so soon I couldn't find out until 21 weeks. Make sure you let us know what you are having.

Amber

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysamber
    Kayla- Having aversions to smells is awful. I was just like you.....pre-pregnancy I had a GREAT nose, could smell any and everything...then when I got pregnant I swear people cooking would drive me insane. Still can't eat some of the same foods now because of it. I can't tell you how close to becoming sick I would get at times with certain smells. I kept a fan on 24-7. That will get a lot better though...that is just through the morning sickness stage. Some things that may help you with smells would be to put some vicks vapor rub under your nose....you could try that. Your morning sickness may or may not get better at the 12 weeks so just beware. For me honestly didn't really get a whole lot better until 15-20 weeks. I know you don't want to hear that but it will get better but not necessarily at the 12 week mark. Most women are lucky for it to go away that soon. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing well.

amber

Thanks Amber- i'll try the vicks thing. I've had a fan on all the time too- its the only way i can breathe in lol. I've always been a junk-food addict- now anything sweet disgusts me- how have you guys been able to eat? The only thing that doesn't make me nauseous is plain water crackers!

And Bandnerd-thats so exciting! Tell us as soon as you know!Edited by: glitta_fairy

Kayla, eating is difficult now but will get better. Just honestly eat whatever sounds good.

I am getting freaked out by how big I am going to get. This last week i have had loads of comments on how much I have 'bloomed' recently. This was me before:

[img]uploads/images/Hale/98F_02Hayley_Bridesmaids.jpeg[/img]

and this was me today:

[img]uploads/images/Hale/week_25_Small.JPG[/img]

hope I don't get much bigger over the next 14 weeks!!!

Oh man, I hate to tell you Hale but you're gonna get a whole lot bigger!! And more uncomfortable! But....the good news.....it's ALL worth it. Every second of nausea, every gag, every night of sleeplessness (get used to it, lol!!)!

I can't really put it into words, you'll know what I mean soon enough! Hang on in there all of you, it's worth the wait!!

nooooooooooooo!!! we go shopping and see pregnant women and I keep pinching my Husbands arm saying 'I don't want to get that big!' I am also terrified of my belly button popping out. When does that normally happen?
    The last 8 weeks have gone so fast and I have been coping a lot better but people keep delighting in telling me it's going to start dragging again very soon.

Hale you will get a lot bigger, you are still pretty small. I might just have to post a pic of my belly. It is huge!! My bellybutton is almost all the way out but not fully yet. Everyone is different. Enjoy the stage you are in now. I wish I did more in my second trimester. Trust me the 3rd is a difficult trimester. I am so miserable at times. It is so hard getting around to different stores..I ache soo bad. Lots and lots of heartburn and increased nausea...sleep is nearly impossible!!!

Amber

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a while, but when I saw this thread, I knew I had to respond!

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first child - my husband and I found out two weeks ago that we are having a little boy. We couldn't be more excited! I had all the dreadful symptoms during the first trimester: all day sickness, extreme exhaustion, food aversions (some of which I still have).

So far, the second trimester has been great! Morning sickness went away around 16 weeks (thank goodness, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired). I have my energy back and other than having a severe food aversion to chicken,I'm feeling wonderful. I love feeling my little guy kick and squirm, save for when he kicks me right in my bladder. I'm not looking forward to getting bigger, but I know it comes with the territory.

Looking forward to sharing more stories with you all as things progress! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i am 5 months preg. with my first..a baby girl not really showing yet, just have "popped" haha but its coming..i know ive gained 15 pounds already, its just going everywhere BUT my stomach haha..i guess i was a little underweight to begin with! but congrats to everyone and i WOULD LOVE to see BABYBELLIES ) hehe.

see ya! (pm me if ya wanna talk, etc.)
    <b>a-hay</b>

OMG Hale, you are so CUTE!!!!!! I can't wait to look like that!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hale-you were gorgeous before-and still are! I'd love to see everyone's babybellies too! Especially because mine isn't big at all yet...

Just thought I would share a little piece of advice about stretch marks. A friend of mine told me about this cream - Palmers Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks. The day I told her I was pregnant, which was early, I was only 4 or 5 weeks, she told me to buy it and start using it. She used it with both of her pregnancies and has no stretch marks. I went from 97 pounds to 141 pounds with ZERO stretch marks. I know they say these creams don't really work, that it's all hereditary, but all the women in my family have tons of stretch marks, except me, and I carried everything in my belly. I just put it in ince a day, after I got out of the shower. You have to use the cream thoiugh, not the lotion because it's thicker. It also helps all the itchiness you get when you skin has been stretched out so big.

And for those of youlike me that are worried about getting huge (Hale [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]) I gained 44 pounds but lost all of it. Everyone tells me that I don't look like i've had a baby. I was just telling my husband after my baby was born - before i was scared I would never be able to wear a bikini again or any cute tight fitting clothes, but once I met my baby I didn't care anymore. You won't believe how much your feelings about everything will change the second you see your baby for the first time.

Congratulations ladies! I love reading this thread. I wish I was in there with you all!

I am one that believes that creams don't work to well with stretch marks. Just depends on the person and their history. I bought special creams that costed me 80 bucks but still have lots of stretch marks on my belly and sides. I used the Palmers as well and no luck. It is good however to keep your skin hydrated with cream.....I thought I would escape them because I have real elastic skin but guess that was wishful thinking.

I am not pregnant, but just wanted to say you ladies are amazing!! Hearing your stories makes me think maybe someday I'll be ready for a baby, I dont know yet tho, but I'm in no rush. Anyways Hale you look so pretty!! You'll problably get some bigger, but its ok its just the baby growing, and it will go away once you have the baby.

I am wondering since the belly button popping out was brought up, does that hurt at all? I am an innie, does it go back to being an inny when you are erm, not pregant anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    I am not pregnant, but just wanted to say you ladies are amazing!! Hearing your stories makes me think maybe someday I'll be ready for a baby, I dont know yet tho, but I'm in no rush. Anyways Hale you look so pretty!! You'll problably get some bigger, but its ok its just the baby growing, and it will go away once you have the baby. I am wondering since the belly button popping out was brought up, does that hurt at all? I am an innie, does it go back to being an inny when you are erm, not pregant anymore?
    No you can't feel your bellybutton pop out. It is a gradual thing...doesn't just happen over night. Mine still hasn't poped out all the way yet. Your bellybutton does feel more sensitive though. I had an innie as well....and yes after pregnancy your bellybutton goes back.

Amber

I wish I was pregnant! Does that count? But I have to wait on hubby being ready now. I'm still young though (26), so I'm not too worried. I want my first one before I'm 30 though. Congrats to all the mommies-to-be!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am not pregnant either, but I wanted to comment on the belly button concern. Mine never popped out, I just didnt have one at all, lol!!!! Mine was just flat, I just had a big round belly, lol!!!! Hale-yours may not pop out. As for stretch marks ............. well .... I didnt get so lucky, BUT atleast they are all on my lower belly, so they can be hid fairly easy.

Congratulations to you all, this is such an exciting time!!!!