Quote Originally Posted by alwaysamber
Kayla- Having aversions to smells is awful. I was just like you.....pre-pregnancy I had a GREAT nose, could smell any and everything...then when I got pregnant I swear people cooking would drive me insane. Still can't eat some of the same foods now because of it. I can't tell you how close to becoming sick I would get at times with certain smells. I kept a fan on 24-7. That will get a lot better though...that is just through the morning sickness stage. Some things that may help you with smells would be to put some vicks vapor rub under your nose....you could try that. Your morning sickness may or may not get better at the 12 weeks so just beware. For me honestly didn't really get a whole lot better until 15-20 weeks. I know you don't want to hear that but it will get better but not necessarily at the 12 week mark. Most women are lucky for it to go away that soon. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing well.

amber

Thanks Amber- i'll try the vicks thing. I've had a fan on all the time too- its the only way i can breathe in lol. I've always been a junk-food addict- now anything sweet disgusts me- how have you guys been able to eat? The only thing that doesn't make me nauseous is plain water crackers!

And Bandnerd-thats so exciting! Tell us as soon as you know!Edited by: glitta_fairy